Sparkrobot's Collection Robot's & Other Stuff..

Sparkrobot

Well I suppose it's time I showed you my [modest collection],,I say modest because next to a few other members collections it is!! I will just say that since becoming an Alphadrome member I've seen some of the most 'eye popping' colections ther must be around..Still it only makes me strive to add some more great robots to my own collection,and who knows living in England I might come across a raritie sometime,probably a plastic, but you never know,Anyway back to my collection ,they are all housed in my living room ,[ I've got an understanding wife, who over the years I think I've brainwashed into liking all the Sci-Fi stuff I collect]. You will notice in the pics there are a few repros , they only stay there untill I can afford the real thing, I find this a quick way of displaying a big collection..There are also a few of the new robots like Metal house and Pa-Pa san ect .Also there's quite a bit of Star Wars stuff, I got a bit carried away a few years back,,The big statues are pewter and made by a British company called [i think] Creative Concepts , they also make the Metropolis statue , that's my favourite, The small Star Wars figures are a complete set of originals ,including rarities..Also there's a couple of ceramic robots I just put them in so I could show the jukebox and amusement machines I also collect,I think it's the mechanicl connection to Robots I like ..Well thats it for now Untill I build my Ray Gun collection up ..Sparkrobot..

post-540-1169757485.jpg

post-540-1169757503.jpg

IMAG0337.JPGIMAG0332.JPGIMAG0320.JPGIMAG0322.JPGIMAG0323.JPGIMAG0317.JPGIMAG0343.JPGIMAG0338.JPGIMAG0303.JPGIMAG0304.JPGIMAG0310.JPGIMAG0313.JPGIMAG0334.JPGIMAG0335.JPGIMAG0326.JPGIMAG0333.JPGIMAG0318.JPGpost-540-1169757518.jpg

post-540-1169757529.jpg

post-540-1169757542.jpg

post-540-1169757551.jpg

post-540-1169757566.jpg

post-540-1169757579.jpg

post-540-1169757592.jpg

post-540-1169757609.jpg

post-540-1169757625.jpg

post-540-1169757637.jpg

post-540-1169757654.jpg

post-540-1169757686.jpg

post-540-1169757716.jpg

post-540-1169757731.jpg

post-540-1169757746.jpg

Very cool collection -- I LOVE the star wars figure displays!

Small thing... could you resize the photos? Even though Alphadrome does it, the images -- as the are -- still slow up loading BIG TIME. Plus, I suspect they're eating a lot of Brian's storage space.

If you can, I'd suggest sizing them such that they're about 150k - 200k, tops. I've found that dropping a pic down to 300 to 400 pixels wide does the trick perfectly.

Still, they look good!

Very cool collection -- I LOVE the star wars figure displays!

Small thing... could you resize the photos? Even though Alphadrome does it, the images -- as the are -- still slow up loading BIG TIME. Plus, I suspect they're eating a lot of Brian's storage space.

If you can, I'd suggest sizing them such that they're about 150k - 200k, tops. I've found that dropping a pic down to 300 to 400 pixels wide does the trick perfectly.

Still, they look good!

Dratomic,,I've changed all the pictures,, hope they are better/quicker,,To be honest I need a new camara,and someone to tutor me with it!! :blush:

The star wars figures, like I said, are pretty incredible. I love how you've got them displayed.

Which robots are repros? I mean, I know which ones WERE reproed, but I can't tell which of yours are original and which are new. Regardless, it's a nice grouping of toys. You've definitely got QUITE the understanding wife!!

Dratomic,,,,,,thanks for the compliments,,,,,Truth is I'm not rich,,and I've just started getting back into robots,,I used to have a bigger collection than I've got now,but in those days I would collect any robot that was around,but I couldn't afford any high end robots,,so I sold the lot on ebay,then I spent the money on a Bang & Olufsen stereo really expensive £3500 over $6000!So the idea of 'better/vintage robots' was out of the question..What I've been doing recently is buying again the better one's I sold years ago like a few Horikawa robots I've allways loved and thought were underated,,and then I added a couple of classic /more expensive one's the Yonezawa Space Explorer,a nice R-35 and a black 6 gear robot ,and a few of the slightly cheaper sparking robots,,There are a lot [to many really] repro robots in my collection Winky ,Thunder and Lantern robots to name a few, but as I said before , they are only there till I can afford the real thing ..I've just been focusing on the better Plastic robots,so I bought a nice Rotorobot to kick start that side ,,Robot & son,and a Remco Lost in space next!,, But all of a sudden I've got RayGuns on my mind ,I've been buying a few of them recently,not enough to display yet,,So another big Alps robot will have to wait,,I know ebays a great thing , but that's really the only source of good robot's you get in England,,so I dont think I will ever come across a real find when I'm out and about,still I'm glad I joined Alphadrome so I dont just have the wife to talk to about robots to [i dont think she listens anyway!!] and it's great to see all the other great stuff that's around ..Sparkrobot.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Very nice collection Sparkrobot, the display is super. The Rotor Robot is at the top of my want list. Thanks for posting.

• 4 weeks later...
Fineas J. Whoopie said:
Very nice collection Sparkrobot, the display is super. The Rotor Robot is at the top of my want list. Thanks for posting.

Fineas,,Here's a few more additions,,I agree with you,, Rotorobot is one of my favourites,,I'm after a See-thru or Mr. planet,they are top of my want list at the moment...

post-540-1177179646.jpg

post-540-1177179700.jpgIMAG0768.JPGIMAG0747.JPG

• 8 months later...

Hi Sparkrobot, very very cool collection, i love the colors of the answer game machine :blink: . Alain

RT75,,,,,,,,,My collection has changed quite a bit since those days .I need to update the page a bit,,Thanks for your positive comments though.

Here's a link to a newer version of my collection ,although it's still not exactly as it is of now.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/Camara-T...p;hl=new+camara

Beautiful collection displayed in a really rich looking way. Fantastic!

I also had those beautiful pewter C-3PO and R2-D2 statues back when I was into my heavy Star Wars collecting. I had them shipped from England and the shipping cost almost as much as the statues because they are so heavy! When I got rid of all my entire Star Wars collection I sold it to close friend who has a huge Sci-Fi toy and comic book store on Long Island. He had also let me sell three full-sized robots (a fiberglass R2-D2, C-3PO, and a LIS B-9) in his store as well without ever taking a single penny for himself as a commission. So when it was all over I gave the huge C-3PO to him as a gift after holding it back from the stuff I sold outright to him. He said it was the most beautiful Star Wars item he had ever seen. They really are great.

RH,,,,,,,,,,,,,There are a few times when I'm tempted to sell the Star Wars stuff,,but really unless it's the really rare stuff you dont seem to get the money they deserve,,so I hang onto them and even if I feel like a change around there's usually somewhere to display them.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few of my recent additions.......

Hi Sparkrobot, Lovely display with some excellent peices, I think I might have sold you the Space bagatelle in the last picture?,

if it's an Ebay purchase from "Oneoffdesign" and the pins have been removed....it's from me!

let me know,

happy collecting! Noel.

post-648-1201462121.jpg

Yeah,,,,that was me who bought it ,now it's sold again 😮 but you know what it's like ,one minute you really want something,the next minute you realise theres nowhere to put it 😉 In someways though I wish I had kept it,,,,it was such a vibrant looking thing but I've got so much space stuff spread all around the house,because it was originally a game it didn't look as good hanging up as I expected.......Steve.

Archived