Three New Rayguns

toyboy

Hey all! The Glendale All-American Collectors Show was this weekend...

"Plastic" seemed to be a hot word at the show. I spoke to a few (Non-Space Toy) Sellers...and a number of them mentioned that they noticed a growing interest in plastic. Interesting.

Speaking of plastic...

I didn't find too many robots but I did manage to pick up a few new rayguns for my collection.

- IRWIN "ROCKET SHIP" SPACE PISTOL: It's an uncommon light blue color that I have never seen before.

- DIE-CAST METAL WATER GUN w/Rubber Bulb (Occupied Japan)

- SHOOT-A-PLANE RAYGUN (Lapin Products Inc., Newark N.J.): The green gun doesn't particularly look too "spacey"...but besides it's unique action...I primarily bought it because the detailing on the plastic, yellow "planes" have a really cool, retro, spacecraft design! - I found it irresistible!

Tin litho will always be king with me! But this plastic stuff is pretty Neat-O!

post-199-1169445165.jpg

post-199-1169445183.jpg

Those are some unusual rayguns there Toyboy! I've always liked the Irwin gun and I agree about the futuristic space ships on the green one, it reminds me of something out of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Very nice finds. Long live the toy show!!!!

Toyboy, Great guns! I mean that literally and figuratively. Love the rocket planes on the green gun. They remind me somewhat of the early Battlestar Cylon planes. :D

Archived