More Ray Guns In The Collection

Phil R

I added a few items to the collection, thanks in part to Fineas. Rocket Ray gun, blue Space Cap Gun, Satellite Rocket Pistol with saucers and header, Chien Zee Cap Gun, in front Junior Jet Ray Gun (a two part big boy). Last but not least , the yellow Buck Rogers Sonic gun and because it's so scarce, to look for enemies, the Buck Rogers Super Sonic Glasses in the box, a item I've had for a least 20 years. It's also made by Norton-Honer. I don't have the Super Scope. :blush: :D

post-221-1169343192.jpg

Phil, that new stuff is fantastic! I especially like the silver one at the left of the shot. I knew as a kid there were lots of variations of space guns and I'm sure I had many versions myself especially tin sparers many years ago although I can't recall any in particular. Most were dime-store stuff at the time.

Cheers to you for that wonderful box for the binoculars. The ray gun field of collecting is certainly an interesting one to follow as I'm more interested in them each time you guys post your latest haul.

Thanks for the great pic!!

Now that's nice litho!! Boxes rule!

Just think of the guy stocking the shelves at the local-five and-dime store when these were new. "....Joe, we'll need another case"!! And so many would end up as landfill.

Looking good Phil, I'm glad you are enjoying the guns. I don't think I've ever seen the Sonic Glasses. What a great companion piece to go with the Sonic Ray Gun. It looks like the colors of the plastic match perfectly.

Very cool. Definitely digging the glasses... As has been said, an excellent companion to the ray gun.

Phil, I'd love to see how you've got your space guns and assorted accoutrements displayed.

Dr. A . I had a guy pick up an antique counter case I sold last week. It's being replaced by 2 white double door 79" x 30" cases. One of them will be devoted to stretching my collection including rayguns. In about a month or less that should be accomplished and I'll post then.

By the way, do you think Botstockers would be interested in seeing my Buck Rogers collection if by some chance we would have any room? It consists of ray guns, rockets, cast pieces, books, paper items, ads, pins, pencil boxes and all the big little books from the 1930s to 1950s. :rolleyes:

Dr. A . I had a guy pick up an antique counter case I sold last week. It's being replaced by 2 white double door 79" x 30" cases. One of them will be devoted to stretching my collection including rayguns. In about a month or less that should be accomplished and I'll post then.

By the way, do you think Botstockers would be interested in seeing my Buck Rogers collection if by some chance we would have any room? It consists of ray guns, rockets, cast pieces, books, paper items, ads, pins, pencil boxes and all the big little books from the 1930s to 1950s. :rolleyes:

Yes, Phil OF COURSE! :rolleyes:

Archived