Papasan Members Robots For 2007

Rotate-O-Matic

"Papa-San is also thinking about making a new members robot for 2007. A Limited Chief Robotman might be cool with a new style finish

I will talk with Brian about this project.

Thank you

Robert Johnson / Papa-San Toys Company "

I lifted this from the new robots section since I wasn't allowed to post a reply to it. If this is true and Robert Johnson is again going to be sending us robots then I want to the first to say THANKS!!!

Actually, I would be happy to pay for this robot. I think if we had a special Limited Edition dated Alphadrome Robot done every year it would make for awesome collectibles to add to our collections. Now I can be just like my wife who eagerly waits every year to see what special Hallmark Christmas Ornaments will be coming out. We can look forward to a new Alphadrome Robot every year. I thought when Volker did the Alphadrome Robots back in 2004 that we were going to be doing this exact thing every year but it never happened again.

And I've seen the special SWAG robots that are given out at the Bot-Stock Conventions but not all of us can get away to attend. So this would be a great idea for the rest of us.

What does everybody else think?

Having a new "Alphadrome" robot every year sounds like a win-win situation. Alphadromers could purchase a new robot every year and Papa-San would have a built in consumer base.

THANK YOU, R.J. for considering this project. We're having great fun running the members' robots *Altaira and I recieved just in time for Christmas, the search-lights in the hands and helmet have a wonderful effect in a dark room, this is where they 'shine'. (excuse the pun)!! :blush:

Looking forward to hearing more about this and other Papasan projects, CRM in a special finish would be nice, maybe like Radicon or hammered? I especially liked the one Henk created about a year ago in a sort of turquoise/silver colour.

I would gladly purchase a special edition Alphadrome Robot that was a yearly offering!

I think it would be even cooler if it came with some sort of membership card or certificate of authenticity that had the edition number of the robot (5 out of 489 for example) along with the Alphadromer's ID and Member Number. That would be easy enough to do and make for a really nice touch. And since there should not ever be more robots produced than Alphadromer members in total and numbered, it would become a real collectible and not flood eBay two weeks after we bought them.

I think this is a great idea!!! :D

Archived