More Rayguns And Spacemen

Phil R

I recenty purchased this Bullwinkle raygun.Obviously it cost me more than the card price.

I also bid on this cast iron atomic bank on Ebay but didn't get it. Supposedly made by Duro-Mold. A great looking early ray gun item. Anyone know anything?

I also recently got this spacemen(3-1/2") steal on buy-it-now. Made by Ajax. Were they a Johnny-come-lately after Archer? Nice spacemen. :)

Don't know much about the bank, though I THINK you're correct on the manufacturer. Nice piece, though it's "ray gun" connection seems limited to the "Atomic Bank" label.

Never seen the bullwinkle piece before, though it's outside the parameters of my collection. It looks vaguely like some other toys I've seen, though at the moment, my memory is failing me...

Ajax -- I BELIEVE they were post Archer, but I'm not positive... My brain isn't working too well tonight. Damn beer. (Kronenburg, for those who're curious. A Belgian libation that, many pints later, has clearly knocked me for a loop. I ordered it -- numerous times... -- due to it's semi-connection to a favorite director of mine...)

Don, the figures aren't marked but they're on page 103 of Blastoff. They have that slight look of age deterioation. I thought the green guy had part of something missing in his left hand. However , the mold seam is perfect at that location and of several other figures. I deduced that it was a can of beer and they were having a beer party. The white guy was pi--ed because the green guy wouldn't share. :rolleyes:

Archived