Tips, Tricks, & Techniques

Keith Palmer

Here's a tip for any of you battery operated, barking dog owners: Those burned out doggie eye bulbs can easily be replaced with the light bulbs from a battery operated robot commonly called "R-35". They're a perfect match!

BTW Don, when you start quoting yourself in these threads, I think it's time to leave!

Say 'goodbye' to Adamstown and head back to the shores of Cannon Beach.

Oh...you can come back...around May 18th or so. See ya then!!!

There's no place like home.......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, since I never really get time to operate my tin robots, and I just end up looking at them on a shelf, I prefer to disassemble them and flatten out the tin so I can display them on the wall.

I really do think you can much better appreciate the art of the litho this way!

"I recently purchased a rare Chinese Robby Space Tank, you know, the green battery op with the great litho. Unfortunately, this little beauty, while mint, was actually missing the Robby! Luckily, I also own a mint KO Robby V-2 tank and you know what? The V-2 Robby fits perfectly on the Chinese tank! So, after removing the V-2 Robby, painting it green, and carefully cutting off the tin arms, I fabricated some jointed resin cast ones to match the original Chinese Robby and carefully hot glued that puppy into the chinese tank cockpit. Man! It looks great! You can just barely tell that the robot is not original. I just hope I haven't lessened the value of this wonderful Chinese toy with my efforts to restore it."

• 4 weeks later...

:glare: "My soldering has gotten a lot better now that I'm using flux." -L7

flux is magic!!!!!!

i dont leave home without it!!

"I recently purchased a rare Chinese Robby Space Tank, you know, the green battery op with the great litho. Unfortunately, this little beauty, while mint, was actually missing the Robby! Luckily, I also own a mint KO Robby V-2 tank and you know what? The V-2 Robby fits perfectly on the Chinese tank! So, after removing the V-2 Robby, painting it green, and carefully cutting off the tin arms, I fabricated some jointed resin cast ones to match the original Chinese Robby and carefully hot glued that puppy into the chinese tank cockpit. Man! It looks great! You can just barely tell that the robot is not original. I just hope I haven't lessened the value of this wonderful Chinese toy with my efforts to restore it."

I had missed this posting before and just read it for the first time. I've been laughing so hard for the last ten minutes I hurt myself! This was the best!!!!!!

I had missed this posting before and just read it for the first time. I've been laughing so hard for the last ten minutes I hurt myself! This was the best!!!!!!

:D

Find an old robot in a car boot sale for about £5 then convert it into a clock by cutting away the front panel for the display then cut a hole in the back for access to the controls, once the insides have been removed. A great way to increase the value of an old toy.

post-265-1169304528.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Tips, Tricks, & Techniques

Archived