Tips, Tricks, & Techniques

Keith Palmer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good way to help get an old robot get going is warm it up by placing it on the manifold of your car, slam the hood down hard to make sure it stays in place, and go a good long ride at around 90 mph. New fresh batteries after this little exercise and it should start right up with no sticking. I just did this with my Mr. Atomic and my Dodge Durango and it worked great!

One good way to help get an old robot get going is warm it up by placing it on the manifold of your car, slam the hood down hard to make sure it stays in place, and go a good long ride at around 90 mph. New fresh batteries after this little exercise and it should start right up with no sticking. I just did this with my Mr. Atomic and my Dodge Durango and it worked great!

....wasn't that on your way to a dealership you'd mentioned?????? ;) :lol: :P

Keith - your right on with the mad hatter - I live about 35 miles from Danbury Ct. It used to be called "The Hat City" There was a story in the paper not long ago about the mercury, now they're finding it all over the city where old factories used to be, seems they used to just dump a lot of it - :o We used to have a bottle of mercury in grade school science, we'd pour it back & forth, hand to hand, it was neat stuff! Someone of course would spill some, it splattered into tiny balls scattering across the floor - A while ago i read a kid brought a mercury thermometer to school someone dropped it, and the entire school was evac'd for haz-mat clean up. Times have changed.

Stop wasting money on batteries for your rotate-o-matic robots. Replace the motor with a wind-up system taken from Captain the robot - the korean version so it's cheaper. Make sure Captain still sparks because you'll need that for the guns.

Anybody interested in the diagrams and detailed intructions for the rotate-o-matic wind-up conversion PM me. Only $500 a copy for normal people. Alphadromers pay $ 1500 per copy because you guys ask too many questions. I do not have batteries so I do not know if it works.

A great method for de-coagulating toys with gummed up motors is to place batteries in the toy, turn it on and place it in the microwave oven. About three minites on high will do. That gets the oil in the motor flowing every time. ;)

A great method for de-coagulating toys with gummed up motors is to place batteries in the toy, turn it on and place it in the microwave oven. About three minites on high will do. That gets the oil in the motor flowing every time. ;)

This works particularly well with plastic robots. Trust me, you put a broken plastic robot in the microwave, and I garantee it'll be a whole new robot when it comes out.

I enjoy flocking my robots to get into the holiday spirit. I first prepare a bath of elmers and egg nog. Once dipped, I line them up around the Christmas tree and start spraying with my $.59 cans of "Real Holiday Snow." An asbestos based canned snow works the best but it's getting harder and harder to find. Then it's fun to drill holes in the top of the robots heads so I can insert the christmas lights and string them across the front yard.

Just a little Christmas magic. B)

Here's a tip for any of you battery operated, barking dog owners: Those burned out doggie eye bulbs can easily be replaced with the light bulbs from a battery operated robot commonly called "R-35". They're a perfect match!

BTW Don, when you start quoting yourself in these threads, I think it's time to leave!

Say 'goodbye' to Adamstown and head back to the shores of Cannon Beach.

Oh...you can come back...around May 18th or so. See ya then!!!

"If you are in a pinch, Moonlight Man's cape and a touch of cyanoacrylate make an effective alternative to store-bought inner tube repair kits."

Archived