Just Wondering Who Built This Little Beauty?

Tinman

I can't remember where I clipped this pic from but was wondering if anyone here built it? If so, any in-progress pics?

It was from a fellow John and I met at the Chicago Toy show during BotStock. I'm sorry to say I'm having a brain-fart at the moment and can't remember the guy's name so please forgive me as it was great to meet you and we had a good long talk. But it was a beautifully built robot.

Hey Tinman. That was my first garage robot made from a remote schylling space man, and a lot of litho parts from junkers. Actions are:Flashing Lighted piston in head, lighted face, moving arms, needle moves then at high end a red light comes on in chest, red and green lights alternate in the bottom grill in front. also makes a plunking sound. I have always worked on toys from the very beginning of my collecting habit.I have started on another robot project. It will be with me at the next botstock.

My name is Mark.

Did you bring that to Botstock 3, Mark? If so I must have missed it. Bummer, it looks very nice!

I will always remember Mark because I thought (mistakenly) that he was an University of Michigan fan. ;)

Hey Tinman. That was my first garage robot made from a remote schylling space man, and a lot of litho parts from junkers. Actions are:Flashing Lighted piston in head, lighted face, moving arms, needle moves then at high end a red light comes on in chest, red and green lights alternate in the bottom grill in front. also makes a plunking sound. I have always worked on toys from the very beginning of my collecting habit.I have started on another robot project. It will be with me at the next botstock.

My name is Mark.

MARK! Yes, of course. Sorry I was drawing a blank before and it was even worse because I knew you were a member of the board. Sorry! Your robot was just fantastic! Great work and I can tell you it was the topic of conversation among many folks at BotStock! ;)

Yes I remember passing by your table and that was the first thing I noticed -wonderful looking guy!!! You weren't at the table -he was doing a great job of keeping your sweet wife company!!!

Nicely done Mark! Your robot has great proportions and most importantly for me, few recognizable parts from other bots. Do you have more pics you can post?

Archived