Some Pick Ups

dratomic

I decided to stop by a store in NYC that sells various kitsch stuff from the 50s and 60s -- they often have cool space and science fiction stuff, too. Books, pulps, posters, all sorts of random things.

Today, much to my delight, they had these. And at prices so low I actually felt a twinge of guilt...

This is the fairly common Arliss dart gun. No darts or card, but for the price I couldn't let it go.

[attachmentid=12057]

And this... I don't even know what it is. I've seen one before, I think, but only in a picture. I don't have any clue what it's worth, but it's pretty darn rare. It's about 12 inches long, and has a light bulb in the tip. It makes a clicking sound when you pull the trigger. It's a bit hard to tell from the photos, but the little black thing on top of the gun is a rocket. If anyone knows who made this one, what it's called, or has any other information, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

[attachmentid=12058]

Definitely a good day. :)

post-124-1162871922.jpg

post-124-1162872029.jpg

congrates doc!! sorry i cant help though!!!

p.s . im getting ready to put up that "holy grail" voyage to the bottom of the sea gun.

should be interesting. - suppose to get over 3000.00 for it.

we shall see.

So much more fun finding stuff first hand rather than on than ebay isn't it? And cheaper too! The Arliss looks like a deeper shade of blue than I'm used to seeing, or is that just the lighting? Either way I like it. That rifle is cool too, it definitely looks like that fifties type of shiny plastic. That rocket on the top is a nice touch, almost like if there was a Renwal Planet Jet rifle. And the original strap to boot- great pick ups!!!!

I hope you keep a regular eye on that store. ;)

Great buys, Dr A! I especially like the rifle. The rocket is a great touch with the color contrast. I managed to get another color of the bubble gun from the early 90s, a Parks saucer gun with the spaceman bubbles, and got the Maks water gun I won on ebay. The Antique center where I got the saucer gun had a number of other rayguns including Great Britain items. I guess I'm going to have to go back. ;)

Man, it sure pays to keep an open mind and check places where you wouldn't think to find anything. great score Brian.

The rifle looks pretty cool. And having the original strap is a plus!

Archived