Space Pistol

martian

Hi Alphadromers. Martin here in Australia. I have never been very interested in space guns even though many of them are really beautiful, I have only ever had 2 Dan Dare rayguns in my collection and they are now sold. The only space gun I have is this Space Pistol that I recently purchased, it's made in China and I am thinking it's early 70's ? Could any of the space gun experts tell me more or if there are any colour variations of it ? I just like it, it's not high end but there are so many attractive vintage toys out there that are not expensive. The lilac colour of the pistol, the moving coloured gears and the box art colours are what I like about it and it's large at 12".

[attachmentid=11935]

[attachmentid=11936]

post-144-1161756520.jpgspace_pistol1.JPG

space_pistol2.JPG

post-144-1161756630.jpg

Hi Martian. This gun seems to be a tribute to the Yoshiya line of ray guns. The Chinese put together several Yoshiya trademarks into this gun. The reciprocating "piston" inside the barrel, the gears on the side and the barrel is in the style of the Razor raygun which we have recently learned is linked with Yoshiya. Do the gears rotate when you pull the trigger?

Hi Fineas, I had thought that it is a bit K.O like... Yes the gears on each side of the pistol spin when you pull the trigger and the red part in the barrel moves back and forth. There is a metal cap on top of the gun that threads into the gun so the flint can be replaced for sparking action. Would it be early 70's or later ? Regards, Martin.

Hi Phil. Have a look at this one that looks so like the one in the picture you have posted, I like the box art.

[attachmentid=11971]

post-144-1161947892.jpg

Hi Phil. Have a look at this one that looks so like the one in the picture you have posted, I like the box art.

[attachmentid=11971]

I'm not too crazy about the pistol, but the box is just beautiful!!! ;)

I'm not too crazy about the pistol, but the box is just beautiful!!! ;)

Yes I agree, the gun does nothing for me either but the box is just wonderful.

Archived