Picked Up A Collection Of Ray Guns!

Rocket

Hi 'Dromers...

I purchased a large collection of ray guns recently, and there are some really neat pieces that we don't get to see that often.. here's a super early mini ray rifle (only measures 8" total) with great early graphics and colors that I thought ya'll would like to see... I'll be posting highlights from the collection as I unpack the boxes...

There are also some scarce Space Patrol Ralston Purina mail-in premiums in their original illustrated mailing envelopes, some Brittish ray guns, and a bizarre rifle I have never seen before! This collection was like a time capsule! If you've been searching for a specific ray gun, don't be afraid to contact me. The collection also includes a very scarce (and huge!) Space Patrol Auto-Sonic Rifle.... it's like Christmas morning over here!

Rocket -[O_O]-

post-177-1161464837.jpg

post-177-1161464851.jpg

I do collect tin ray guns and I can't remember ever seeing that one. Great find Rocket! Can we look forward to new entries on your Toy Ray Gun website? I'm looking forward to more highlights of the collection.

Here are a couple more Japanese tin guns that were in the collection... I love the early colors and primitive graphics on the "Space" gun, and the odd mix of western and space on the other... it's actually completely a western gun except for the rocket in the sky on the box! What's that about? And there's a G-man detective in the city, with cowboys out on the mesa on horseback... talk about mixing genres! Enjoy.. more pix to come later..

Rocket -[O_O]-

post-177-1161769776.jpg

post-177-1161769791.jpg

A couple of real gems!!

I'll post both of the guns I got from this collection when the second one arrives. Cool stuff!!

Great guns, Rocket! Dr A specializes in plastic but I like all the guns. The plastic guns are design themselves, but being a graphic artist I really appreciate the way the tin guns create the fantasy with the flow of art and color.

I guess you're going to tease us with a little at a time. :( Looking forward to more! :)

Those two little early guns are incredibly nice looking, the colours are striking. They are not cowboys on the box, they are space cowboys...

As promised here are the two rayguns that I got out of the AMAZING collection of rayguns that Rocket just acquired (thanks again Justin).

First is the Ideal Three Color gun - great cartoon-like design. I went for the blue body with red details variation, probably because dratomic has the reverse color variation (red body with blue details) and I just like to be different! Eugene Metcalf's book RAY GUN dates this gun to 1951.

[attachmentid=12005]

Second is this neat deco inspired sparkling ray gun. This is a rare one, in fact right now we don't even know when or where it is from or even what to call it. I've seen only one other example of this gun myself, Mark Nagata has one on his website except that his is (again) the reverse color scheme - blue body with red details. I must have a thing for blue and red ray guns lately. If anyone has any info on this gun I would appreciate hearing about it. I would particularly like to see the packaging.

[attachmentid=12004]

post-143-1162448094.jpg

post-143-1162448658.jpg

Archived