Randetron's Collection

Randetron

This is what I've managed to collect since starting this Spring 2006. Hope to add some more valuable pieces as funds become available.

R,

that's about a dozen robots a month. That's one helluva start! How do you decide what you're interested in ? I guess Joe's store has an influence as well as chance. ;)

Phil R said:

R,

that's about a dozen robots a month. That's one helluva start! How do you decide what you're interested in ? I guess Joe's store has an influence as well as chance. 😉

Hi Phil,

Yes, I've had to slow down a bit - was spending just a little too much $$$$ for awhile. I just happened to walk into Joe's store one day and loved what I saw. It snow-balled from there and as you know, his enthusiasm for the hobby was also a big influence.

I know that most of you collect the truly valuable vintage tin robots and I do love them as well. But I also love the colors and actions of the plastic robots too, so I just buy what I like without much regard for what it is or may be worth.

And yes, I'd like to add some of those pricey tin pieces. Maybe when Botstock IV rolls around and can actually interact with some of the dealers/collectors.

Archived