Catalog: 1969 M W Kasch Distributor..

ToyMemories

Here are excerpts from a 1969-1970 M.W. Kasch Company (toy distributor) catalog, published in 1969.

I did the best I could with the pics; most listings of interest here had no company name except for the few shown. (otherwise, the picture heading was pretty basic: "space toys", "guns", "robots", etc.)

Hope it's helpful, Joe!

post-526-1160272179.jpeg

post-526-1160272191.jpeg

post-526-1160272202.jpeg

post-526-1160272213.jpeg

post-526-1160272223.jpeg

post-526-1160272237.jpeg

post-526-1160272246.jpeg

post-526-1160272256.jpeg

post-526-1160272269.jpeg

post-526-1160272285.jpeg

post-526-1160272301.jpeg

post-526-1160272312.jpeg

post-526-1160272325.jpeg

Very nice catalog sightings ToyMemories, thanks for sharing. One item that I'm sort of suprised to see in a 1970 catalog is the Siren Stan gun. I was actually thinking more like late '70's for this one even though the box has an earlier feel to the artwork.

post-143-1160373528.jpg

Very nice catalog sightings ToyMemories, thanks for sharing. One item that I'm sort of suprised to see in a 1970 catalog is the Siren Stan gun. I was actually thinking more like late '70's for this one even though the box has an earlier feel to the artwork.

Thanks, FJW! You're very welcome, glad to be of assistance!

I had it in my catalog archive and it was the first catalog I thought of that might prove helpful here. The toys shown should have been available in '69 as well as '70.

I've had the same issue with various toys too... many times either the toy was issued for a long period or the packaging or toy itself has a different feel to it from when it was available. That's why I love catalogs! No better way to confirm a time-frame!

This 1969-1970 M.W. Kasch Company, Dealer Catalog depicts the following:

Mr. Planet by Yonezawa - This robot has been previously Timeline dated to 1969 after being sighted in a German Yonezawa Trade Ad:

Here's a Robot Talk thread that discusses Mr. Planet in detail:

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...p;f=2&t=385

One of the very few places you'll find a published photo of this 'bot and it's box is in the Special Auction Services/Paul Lips catalog, page 69, item #660.

Super Space Giant(?) by Horikawa - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - This is the silver color variation. I have only seen pictures of this robot in a Japanese language box, so I am not sure of it's exact name. The brown color variation comes in an English language box where it is called "Super Space Giant". Can anyone confirm the name of this silver color one?

See Morita, page 88.

Mechanical Mighty Robot by ??? - This one has been previously Timeline dated to 1968 after being sighted in a Helen Gallagher-Foster House Christmas catalog. It's impossible to tell from the catalog photo which color variation or manufacturer's robot is actually pictured.

Blink-A-Gear Robot by Taiyo. The catalog photo is that of a Blink-A-Gear but the description calls it "Wheelgear Robot". B-A-G has been Timeline dated to 1969 in both an FAO Schwarz Toys Catalog and a Gamble-Aldens Christmas catalog.

See Future Toys, page 28, item #9.

Engine Robot by Horikawa - Previously Timeline dated to 1965 in an Aldens Christmas Catalog.

See Future Toys, page 35, item #22.

Mr. Patrol by Horikawa - Previously Timeline dated to 1968 in a Lewis Galoob Toy Catalog.

See Future Toys, page 107, item # 161.

Rudy The Robot by Remco - The grey scale photo in this catalog suggests to me that this is the yellow head/arms/feet color variation that has been previously Timeline dated to 1968 in a Montgomery Ward Christmas Book.

Lost In Space Robot by Remco - Multiple color variations for this robot, too. It's been Timeline dated to 1966 in a Montgomery Ward catalog.

Space Ship XZ-7 by Asahi - Previously Timeline dated to 1968 in an Asahi Catalog found in Jacky Broutin's book. The master Timeline list calls this space toy "XZ-7 Space Helicopter". There's a photo of it and it's box in the S.A.S./Lips catalog, page 69, item #669. It shows that the box simply says "Space Ship", the toy is only marked "XZ-7". Also see Morita, page 178.

Flying Saucer Space Patrol 2019 by Yonezawa - Previously Timeline dated to 1969 in a Lewis Galoob Toy Catalog. Here again, the box is only marked: "Flying Saucer", the toy: "Space Patrol 2019".

See Vintage Toys, page 149.

Moonship by Kang Yuan Toy Factory, Shanghai, China - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - See Future Toys, page 151, item #248. There are slight differences between the two photos in Future Toys and this M.W. Kasch catalog. However, I know of no other variation of this moonship, so it is probably the same toy. Has anyone else seen a different version?

Space Rescure Trac by ??? - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - Anyone recognize this space vehicle?

Super Space Capsule by Horikawa - Previously Timeline dated to 1969 in a Lewis Galoob Toy catalog.

See Vintage Toys, page 118.

Space Frontier by Yoshino - The catalog calls this "B/O Space Rocket" but it is, in fact, Space Frontier. Previously Timeline dated to 1969 in a Lewis Galoob Toy Catalog.

Spacecraft Ranger by Alps - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - See Vintage Toys, page 95 where the box identifies the toy as Spacecraft Ranger. The catalog calls it "Space Ranger".

Galaxy Explorer by ??? - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - This is another variation of a 'ship-in-a-ball' toy. Others include Space Globe and Lunar Adventure 2. Here's the link:

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=4546

Moon Ranger by ??? - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - See Vintage Toys, page 100.

Lunar Explorer Delta 55 by Yonezawa - Previously Timeline dated to 1969 in a German Yonezawa Trade Ad.

Jet Ray Gun by ??? - NEW TIMELINE LISTING - Luckily the box is pictured, so the name is confirmed. Anyone know the manufacturer?

Lunar Patrol XY-1 by Yonezawa - Previously Timeline dated to 1969 in a German Yonezawa Trade Ad.

Magic Ray Gun by ??? - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING -

"Siren Stan" The Spaceman's Gun by ??? - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - See F.J.W.'s photo above. Any manufacturer mentioned on that box, Don?

Signal Ray Gun by Remco - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - Photo of this variation's box, anyone?

Star Trek Jet Disc Gun by Ray Plastics(?) - NEW TIMELINE SIGHTING - The backing card for this variation calls it "Jet Disc Gun". All the other backing cards that I've seen photos of, call this the Star Trek "Tracer Gun". A later production run, perhaps?

One correction...

The Super Space Giant (silver color variation) had been previously spotted in a 1969 Higbee's Christmas World of Toys catalog. Could either Dirk or Stan post a photo of the box for the silver version? The old Alphadrome thread has lost the image! Thanks.

Joe - My Siren Stan box is marked "Mego" and "British Colony of Hong Kong".

The Jet Ray Gun is from Yoshiya. Here is a pic of their "Super Jet Ray Gun" for comparison.

post-143-1160449249.jpg

Archived