Ray Guns, Rockets And Spaceships

Phil R

Robert,

Not to worry. Dr. A's collection is exceptional and superbly displayed. My ray guns are with robots, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, space toys and in cartons. hopefully that will change next year when I free up some more space and reorganize. :)

Nah, I'm not jealous. For one thing, Phil collects a lot of guns that don't fall within my parameters of interest -- which is great, because it gives me a chance to get a good look at some ray guns that I might otherwise skip over. Also, there are very few pieces I still really need to own, and they're so rare that I don't think ANYONE'S gonna get them anytime soon! And if someone does, well, I'll be the first to congratulate them. (After which, I'll go somewhere to quietly grumble to myself... ha ha ha...) And finally, when all is said and done, I think it's GREAT that there's another active ray gun collector on the boards besides myself, Rocket, and Fineas. So the more the merrier!

Very nice pick ups Phil - particularly the Smoke Ring gun and the Atom Bubble gun. Color me green for sure. ;)

By the way, did you see this variation of the Razor raygun with the rings at the tip instead of the usual "spear" style tip? The seller was calling these prototypes but since they were manufactured in China I disagree. We know that the Razor was originally made in Japan and then Hong Kong so I think these Chinese examples would be from later on in the Razor timeline. Anyway I like the ring detail and have never seen this variation before.

post-143-1159120731.jpg

Nah, I'm not jealous. For one thing, Phil collects a lot of guns that don't fall within my parameters of interest -- which is great, because it gives me a chance to get a good look at some ray guns that I might otherwise skip over. Also, there are very few pieces I still really need to own, and they're so rare that I don't think ANYONE'S gonna get them anytime soon! And if someone does, well, I'll be the first to congratulate them. (After which, I'll go somewhere to quietly grumble to myself... ha ha ha...) And finally, when all is said and done, I think it's GREAT that there's another active ray gun collector on the boards besides myself, Rocket, and Fineas. So the more the merrier!

You're right Doc. It's always fun to see what other collectors get excited about, even if you wouldn't normally persue those same toys. Their excitement is contagious, and I always look at those toys with a new interest and respect because of that.

It's funny, I started out collecting robots and ray guns, and I have a few nice zBuck Rogers guns, as you know, but somehow the rayguns fell to the wayside when my interest in rockets, saucers and other space toys grew. Just too much stuff out there! And unfortunately we just can't collect it all! :)

But Phil, Doc and Fin, keep 'em coming. I love to see what you guys bring to the table.

Archived