Ray Guns, Rockets And Spaceships

Phil R

Just picked up these items recently including the SMOKE GUN at Black Angus for $50.00(the box was in three pieces and had to be restored) and the spaceships for $20.00.at Renningers.

The diecut clicker pistol(red and yellow) was a $20.00 Ebay purchase. My wife's relative had the rocket salt and pepper shakers. The 3 raygun pistols are pencil sharpeners available at Pencilthings.com. By the way, all rayguns collectors notice the plastic card holders which are available in 3 sizes and great for holding rayguns in two positions. They're about a third the cost of the advertised ray gun holders. :) more ray guns coming soon. :)

Nice pickups, Phil. The smoke ring gun's great, definitely one of my favorites. The box is pretty cool, too -- and $50 is a great price. Did it come with any rocket matches? The toy was originally sold with three packs all either blue or green. Replacements could be ordered, and came in red. I'm trying to get a complete set of each color (so, three of each). So far, I've got two of each color... the search continues... I don't have a box, though...

There are two other variations of the smoke ring gun -- one's all yellow (except for the metal area that holds the matches, which is grey), and the other is yellow, grey, and red. Obviously, they're pretty darn rare.

Oh yeah -- that clicker gun is un-branded, and comes in many different colors. However, I just saw, for the first time, one labeled SPACE CADET (as in, Tom Corbett). It was silver, and sold on ebay for $100+. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? I really wish I had bid on it... Talk about rare.

Hi Phil. Great acquisitions! You may just have converted me into spaceguns... ;)

Just wandering, are you willing to share where you got those nice perspex stands from?

Atomic Guy, I got the stands at Black angus and a local antique center. Many people who deal in plastic bags, display cases, stickers , etc. usually have them.

here's another plastic gear gun that came in today's mail.

The gears spin and a long rod bangs on a plastic drum at the back of the gun. :)

t

PHIL - Congrats to your very fine collection. I enjoy every piece - thats indeed really 50th art ( one exception - your last acquisition seems to be milenium / china ?? made...) Thank you very much for sharing! :)

Thanks , Dirk. The gear gun is actually Korea, made for Coast Orient Trading Company, Los Angeles. The operation is quite interesting when the trigger is activated. :)

I got two items in the mail this week. A Buck Rogers Midge Rocket in the box which I've been wanting. They're also available in blue and red and I believe gold tone or copper. I got the Atom Bubble Gun on ebay at a good price and did some touchup. The boxed raygun is coming soon. I believe it's from Hungary :)

The atom bubble gun is a GREAT piece, and not too common -- took me a while to find one. It's easy to touch up, too, mostly because they were hand-painted to begin with. It's rare that they're found in mint condition... they're usually missing paint near the rings because the painters weren't too careful when they did their job. But in my opinion, this gives the gun a lot of character.

I like the midge toy ship a lot, too. Is it plastic or metal?

Dr. The Midge spaceship is what old timers call pot metal, diecast. It has two front wheels and a rod in back. They're generally inexpensive now. A company bought a large supply of old stock from Midge. :)

Archived