Sh Horikawa Space Fighter problem

honestjoe

Greetings all....honestjoe blowing in from robot wasteland....i recently purchased a boxed space fighter robot from a charming seller on ebay..my first purchase for a while..i could not resist it...super cosmetic condition for a super price...anyway...the muzzles no longer bounced on the chassis..(that problem is now sorted)...missing light assembly for guns..(i"ve got that covered)...maybe it drew too much juice for the smoker box to operate efficiently..or just general economics...its the smoker unit that concerns me...its missing a part which joins the unit to the bellows..now i could make my own design to sort this..but i would love to see the original unit in an attempt to keep it an authentic design...the smoker unit works a treat...i"ve posted a pic of the unit for you to see....its strange because the robot is minty and the feeling is that the parts were never fitted....but they will....oh yes...i did have one a few years ago but never had to take it apart....doh!...so close..yet so far.....oh and one more thing ...dont you just love the way this robots legs slide on runners at the hip..oh joy!....thanks robot people...hj.

post-220-1158425192.jpg

post-220-1158425241.jpg

sorry i have not worked on this robot before. and i was looking for my space smoker pics ... i can find noooo detail pics.

here is what i have ... good luck

the bellow on the smoker if i remember right ... is below the oil reservoir

post-263-1158870863.jpg

Hi bart thanks for the reply... thats a great robot you have there...did you finish that project...i did see a rusty one footed smoking robot with a buy it now...looked a bit too far gone for the money...anyway i"ve tried various configurations with this more recent space fighter and it works..the problem is trying to fit all the pipe work in comfortably...this is one of those jobs where you get one end in and the other pops out!..or something else malfunctions...the pipework is cobbled from a greenhouse watering system...thanks again for your reply bart i"ll post a few pics if i ever get this robot to a standard that i"m happy with...regards hj.

post-220-1159088008.jpg

Do you know what bart...hmmmm?...i think the smoker unit is upside down on this robot...if this is the case...i"ll feel quite foolish...typical of me to only to see the most difficult of solutions...i also think now that there was never any pipework at all....oh well...thanks for jogging my brain bart..now i"ll just slink away quietly...sssshhh!...you never saw me right?....regards hj.

post-220-1159092869.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Sh Horikawa Space Fighter problem

Archived