1952 - Space Squirt Gun By Kilgore Inc. (Revised)

Joe K.

Nice to see you referencing ray guns Joe. Are Zap and Ray Gun new additions to the library? Are there any ray guns currently in the Toy Robot Museum collection, or any you would like to acquire?

post-143-1157828816.jpg

I've had both books in "the library" ever since they were first published.

When I started doing the Timeline searching about four years ago, it seemed like an overwhelming task. Now, with a considerable number of robots and space toys documented, there's a little more time to tackle the ray guns. And, the number and participation of space gun collectors on Alphadrome has increased over the years, as well

The most difficult part about the ray guns is finding published documentation in books to reference the auction/catalog sightings. Very few pictures of boxes exist, so determining the actual name of the weapon is very difficult. Hopefully, when such information is lacking, one of the more knowledgeable ray gun 'dromers will provide the necessary proof.

I'd love to have them all and re-name the shop "The Toy Robot and Raygun Museum". But...where would I put them all?!?

For reference purposes, try using Toy Ray Gun (www.toyraygun.com). It lists many more guns than those appearing in books and articles. Also, boxes are listed and pictured -- click on the section marked accessories and scroll down to the appropriate links.

The books are good, but Zap! is woefully out of date when it comes to, well, dates, and Ray Gun just doesn't feature THAT many toys. (Another reference is Blast Off, though again, its selection is limited.)

• 7 years later...

The advert for this has reappeared on Ebay but for the life of me I can't track down a picture of the actual Kilgore Space Squirt Gun. Can anyone help?

From Justin's Toy Ray Gun site:

post-16-0-70799000-1400345608_thumb.jpg

where it's listed as "Sonic Squirt gun", although I can make out "Space Squirt" on the side of the gun. The Kilgore logo is at the base of the grip.:

http://www.toyraygun.com/5060/5060gallery.html

and on page 40, plate 36, of Leslie Singer's book, ZAP!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plenty more betterer, here, Brian:
post-16-0-02183700-1400347474.jpgpost-16-0-79070800-1400347490.jpg

Looks like the fill plug is missing, though.

• 4 months later...

Good detective work, as usual, Joe!

Here is the example I have of this gun. Unfortunately, you can’t see all the great things molded into it because it is transparent.

997B3BB2-7742-4464-8D7A-5B9C4D77A6BD.jpeg

Archived