BRIAN'S 1950S SPACE DEBRIS

Brian..

I've a few pieces that belong to that delightful 1950s naive space era.

First, a Johillco Space Station. Johillco was a minor competitor to the much more famous Britains lead company. I guess this needs some of the lead Johillco spacemen, but the scale seems odd. The aerial just sits on top and rotates in the lightest breeze.

johilco.JPGjohilco.JPG

One of my favourites. The box is faded but if you look closely there's a space station there. God knows how the racing car got there, but it's original and the kids didn't complain in those days. Made in England, but I guess the moulds are from USA.

sonic1.JPG

sonic2.JPGsonic1.JPGsonic2.JPG

It's high time we gave the Martians a taste of their own medicine. This is the Invasion OF Mars - and who are the English sending? Civil Servants! The Martians don't stand a chance.

mars.JPGmars.JPG

They don't make them like this any more. Woodbine cigarettes cut-out space ship. Ah yes, there's nothing an Englishman loves more than a fag in his mouth.

woodb.JPGwoodb.JPG

• 5 years later...

Hi Brian,

I'm just enjoying viewing the collections when I spotted this! Do you remember selling me one at the NEC? I hum'd and hah'd but bought it in the end...AND I still have it I'm pleased to say!

Noel

post-648-0-71862700-1326259294.jpg

Archived