ROBOTHUNTER'S COLLECTION

robothunter

It didn't feel right taking up Brian's bandwidth with photos here since I already have a website, so I thought I would simply post here to make eveybody aware of my site and if you follow the link at the bottom it will take you to www.MechanizedRobot.com where you can see my collection of Robby The Robot and Lost In Space Robot toys and collectibles.

The photos posted are just a small sampling of what I actually have and hope to soon update the entire sight with all new photos once the collection is taken out of storage and re-set up in a new location that I'm building for it.

So thanks for looking! ;)

http://www.mechanizedrobot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to mention that since it's original opening, my web site has had many, many updates. Especially in the last couple of weeks. So if Robby & LIS B-9 robots are of interest to you go take a look. There's a LOT of cool stuff to see. Thanks! ;)

Just follow the link at the bottom......

post-36-1164781188.jpg

Hmmm...

RobotHunter, I gotta say that the Lost In Space robot has always been pretty much my favorite, with Robby a close 2nd. So, I also gotta say that your site is WAY cool! I only have a handful of B-9's, but your collection is a real dream... Thanks for sharing!

(and please post at least a couple of group pics here for all to drool over!)

• 4 months later...

Well, I hadn't actually planned on ever setting up another "Robot Room" like we had in our old house and was going to keep everything packed away until the time that the new Robby Shack was completely erected. And I realize full well that between permits and work, that might be as long as two years. But after living here in the new house now for almost 5 months I broke down and just missed seeing the robots too much.

Plus there has been this very nice reporter from the Watertown Daily News who's been emailing me for a long time now wanting to do a story on the robots. So I finally broke down and have set up a new Robot Room once again. And the writer and photograper were here yesterday doing the story and it was a lot of fun. So here's some new photos of all my junk in case anyone is interested. And once the story gets published (I'm not sure which day it will be) I'll post a link since I think it will be on thier website as well. Thanks!

post-36-1177740799.jpg

post-36-1177740809.jpg

post-36-1177740822.jpg

post-36-1177740831.jpg

post-36-1177740840.jpg

post-36-1177740859.jpg

post-36-1177740867.jpg

post-36-1177740876.jpg

post-36-1177740888.jpg

post-36-1177740851.jpg

post-36-1177740897.jpg

post-36-1177740907.jpg

Well, I hadn't actually planned on ever setting up another "Robot Room" like we had in our old house and was going to keep everything packed away until the time that the new Robby Shack was completely erected. And I realize full well that between permits and work, that might be as long as two years.

So, it's official, then, Pat?

BotStock VI - 2009 at the Robby Shack?

GREAT!!! Sign me up. I'll be there.

Seriously though, your "preview" looks wonderful.

I know exactly how you feel ("just missed seeing the robots too much"). Before we finally settled into The Village, my collection was packed away for over a year at a storage facility in Connecticut! What fun it was to un-box them all and welcome them to their new home.

Hang in there, my friend. It'll all come together when the time is right.

Hey...any chance you might be able to snag an extra hard copy of that upcoming newspaper article and send it my way, ol' Buddy, ol' Pal? Thanks! (If it's published in time, I could have it matted and framed and mounted on the wall for BotStock IV.)

...Hey...any chance you might be able to snag an extra hard copy of that upcoming newspaper article and send it my way, ol' Buddy, ol' Pal? Thanks! (If it's published in time, I could have it matted and framed and mounted on the wall for BotStock IV...

You honor me Joe! It would be my pleasure!

Robothunter,,,,,,,,,,,WOW,,,,,,What can I say ,,a truly amazing collection!!!Tell me ,the full sized lost in space robots ,how do they differ?.......I noticed you had a few of those small Robby clocks,,they used to sell them in England in a store called the Gadget shop,,I sold a couple to John Rigg a few years ago ,he said he wanted them for a friend who collected mainly Robby items,,If by chance they are the one's you have now I'm proud the've ended up in such a fantastic collection.......

Robothunter,,,,,,,,,,,WOW,,,,,,What can I say ,,a truly amazing collection!!!Tell me ,the full sized lost in space robots ,how do they differ?.......I noticed you had a few of those small Robby clocks,,they used to sell them in England in a store called the Gadget shop,,I sold a couple to John Rigg a few years ago ,he said he wanted them for a friend who collected mainly Robby items,,If by chance they are the one's you have now I'm proud the've ended up in such a fantastic collection.......

Thanks for the kind praise Sparkrobot! Why two B-9 robots you ask? Well, after the first season they went from black & white to broadcasting in color and made some slight changes to the robot's appearance so he would be more colorful. So with two versions of the robot now in existence, what kind of fan would I be if I didn't build both? LOL!! Can you spot all the differences? :huh:

As for the robot clocks.....John and I have exchanged to many robots over the years (and I can't remember where I got half the stuff I have anymore!) that it's very possible these did come from you! In which case I say a great big THANKS for getting them to John! ;)

• 1 year later...

IMPRESSIVE B)

:blink: I just couldn't stop staring at the pictures!!!LOL! :ph34r:

I love it! :ninja: :blink: :D :)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I've gottten quite a few requests for some recent photos. Well my original wensite was hijacked by some human scum in Japan and I boxed up everything when I went into my little fit of collecting depression. But these are some pretty good shots of the robot room as it last looked. Plans are to have a contractor make it huge over the summer and I can't to see how that goes. But for now...enjoy!!!!

Looking forward to it all Pat! Geez ya know, I was all thrilled last week to finally obtain the cardboard background for the Rock Em Sock Em's after a 10 year hunt...your week has been much more...well, ROBOTHUNTERish! :biggrin::lecture:

Congrats!

Archived