Hook Robot: Inside A Hook

dratomic

Doc,

If you change your mind and want to join the 20th century :) , here is a picture of the dual motor radio control unit I'm using in the CHIEF HOOKER robot I'm bulding. The CHIEF HOOKER is the same size as your HOOK so it would be plug-n-play :P

post-242-1155817076.jpg

So with Grandpa's Cheif Hooker innards-we make the leap from clean 50's technology to start of the art clean 21st Century techno. As always Gramps - really impressive!! Plug and play no less - I'll bet my entire collection it works better than Windows plug and play.

Um... Grandpa... You MIGHT want to reconsider the name of your robot... unless you've got your bots workin' the streets for you... ;)

I'm trying to find the gun stuff. I've also been turned on to white lithium grease, which a bunch of people seem to swear by. So I'll try them both on some junkers and see what works best.

Um... Grandpa... You MIGHT want to reconsider the name of your robot... unless you've got your bots workin' the streets for you... ;)

I'm trying to find the gun stuff. I've also been turned on to white lithium grease, which a bunch of people seem to swear by. So I'll try them both on some junkers and see what works best.

It's strange you mention lithium grease, that is what was used and replaced by the G96 Gun Treatment. It was found by the engraving industry that lithium grease attracks dust and becomes abrasive on the precision gear and drive system, it also turns black and stains after a short amount of usage.

Your probably right about the name. It's basically a repo of the Hook but has a chest plate and face with LED eyes like the Chief robot. UM.... CHIEF HOOK does sound better :rolleyes:

Hook successfully repaired! I ended up using white lithium grease -- I couldn't find the gun stuff anywhere and enough people spoke highly of the grease to make it worthwhile.

The toy works pretty smoothly now, definitely an improvement over its previous performance (which wasn't terrible, but clearly a bit halting).

Wow. My first major toy repair. No trouble at all -- though I'd rather not open up anything quite so expensive or rare ever again...

• Brian.. changed the title to Hook Robot: Inside A Hook

Archived