Custom Artwork For Some Custom Robots

Andyman

Some of you may remember me posting pics of Jalepeno & Reflecto a while back. Both of them were some of my earliest Andybots I ever made. In fact, they were the first ones I've ever applied paint to. In this regard they were always kind of special to me and I wanted to do something special for them for their packaging. In other words, they sat on the back shelf for a couple of years. 😉

Lo & behold as I came across a couple of left over chocolate tins from this past Christmas! Perfect! I also wanted to make the artwork special so I created these two full color pieces in Photoshop. Printed out on label paper and coated with triple thick clear coat, they attached beautifully to the tins and thus completed the retro look of the entire package. I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that the tins turned out better than the robots! 😉

Have a looksie.

post-231-1155304807.jpgJalapeno_box_print.jpgReflecto_box_print.jpgRef___Jap_boxes_sm.jpg

post-231-1155304835.jpg

post-231-1155304856.jpg

wow!!!! beautiful work andy. the robots were and are cool . the tins .......... now thats awesome.

such a great idea and great art work.

Just fantastic Andy! I love the artwork and the robots! By the way the box art work should always be better than the robot, if the robot was better than the box artwork then there would not be any reason for box artwork right!

Way way cool -I really like them - I have a few of the Fossil tins with vintage robots on them -yours are way better with richer colors. Very nice!

Wonderful work as usual Andy... :)

I hope you are making some to bring to Botstock IV.

By the time I got to your car in Chicago, the vultures

had picked the trunk clean... :rolleyes:

Wonderful work as usual Andy... :)

I hope you are making some to bring to Botstock IV.

By the time I got to your car in Chicago, the vultures

had picked the trunk clean... :rolleyes:

:lol: ....would you like what's in the box, or behind door #1?

post-298-1155350356.jpg

Archived