Different Vacation

Phil R

I thought I'd take a different vacation this year. It was interesting. While I was there I purchased some items in the Moonbase store. I also had some purchases waiting for me when I got home.

I thought the fancy red water gun was a great purchase. The set of four vinyl are only the squeeze type but nice design. The blue and green water guns were purchased in Atlanta. The red clicker ray , called "SPACE CONTROL" is similar to some other unmarked guns as well as the SPACE PATROL. The red clicker is the exact gun used in a Flash Gordon set in green. The bronze cap gun was a very reasonable purchase. The blue and pink motorized guns were an ebay purchase. I'm also waiting to get the Barnum and Bailey circus gun I purchased. I was especially glad to get that at less than half the going rate.

I'm getting ready for WWIII. :lol:

Some nice pickups, Phil. The green Flash Gordon clicker isn't too common -- I've seen a couple over the years on eBay, but it doesn't come up often.

The red one is actually made by Pyro Plastics, maker of the legendary Pyrotomic Disintegrator. It's a neat little gun, and comes in all sorts of different colors. Mine's blue with a yellow trigger. I've also seen dark green, red, yellow, black, silver... I think maybe some others. Can't remember what the corresponding trigger colors were, though.

I've never seen that spikey water pistol before... very interesting looking.

Joe, Spaced out is my forte! For a guy who has no real weapons I certainly like ray guns. They have that clean non-explosive appeal. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Nice going Phil! I just got back from a vacation and went through every store in upstate New York and some in Canada and couldn't find anything to get a robot fix! :o I gotta go to eBay right now.......!!!!!!!

That "toothy" squirt gun design is perfect as a Batman item. I wouldn't be suprised if it was originaly designed for the Batman line and then released in other colors later.

Does anyone know when bar codes were first introduced?

Fineas and Dr. A. You're probably right about the batman gun. It probably came before the red gun. The date is 1982. Universal Product Codes started in April 1973. I was responsible for instituting them for York Barbell's food line at that time. That was quite a project. The scanners at that time were very hit and miss. Many manufacturers did not comply properly with the background requirements. ;)

Archived