New Raygun & Robot Magazine Coming....

robothunter

This might be a little premature since it's still a couple months away from hitting the newstands, but I thought I would tell you guys about a cool new magazine coming called RAYGUNS & ROBOTS from publisher/promoter/film-maker Ted A. Bohus.

Our good friend Dr. Atomic and myself have recently had the pleasure of being asked to be involved in the first issue. I was interviewed for an article about toy robots and Robby in particular (duh!) and the good Doctor is writing an article on rayguns.

Ted might be known to some of you for his work as producer/director on the cult horror film The Dead Spawn and he's publisher of several Sci-Fi magazines such as SPFX which did an amazing issue dedicated to Robby the Robot and Forbidden Planet not too long ago. He's also invloved in the Chiller THeater convention.

This is a mock up for a potential cover and a link to a site that will take you to all of Ted's various projects. He's a great fun guy and I have high hopes for this magazine as Ted LOVES robots! ;)

http://monsters411.com/

post-36-1152302204.jpg

Cool. Love the cover with Robby and the uh... Android. She is so life like. How many batteries does she take?

Actually, Pat, as far as I know, that's not REALLY a potential cover. It's apparently a promo photo or something that was sent to Ted, which he then used to show me what the logo might look like in context. Unless something's changed since he and I last spoke...

I'll bet the shorter one is higher maintenance.... :P

Sounds great, guys! You're going to create your own publishing empire!! :lol:

Actually, Pat, as far as I know, that's not REALLY a potential cover. It's apparently a promo photo or something that was sent to Ted, which he then used to show me what the logo might look like in context. Unless something's changed since he and I last spoke...

I confess that I already knew that. But I needed some excuse to post the photo! ;)

If you follow this link it will take you to the under construction website for the magazine where you can see a better illustration of the title and see that the space girl has been digitized so that now she's holding a raygun. Better not pinch her butt, Robby! :P

http://www.raygunsandrobots.com/

Hey...How come "Robots" get second billing?!?

The magazine should be called "ROBOTS & RAYGUNS"!

Either way, it sounds like a fun publication. I'm ready to subscribe!!! Where do I send my check?

Nice going, Pat and Brian. Really looking forward to the articles.

Morbius says - "I'll bet the shorter one is higher maintenance" He he !!!!!!!

Actually looking very forward to this. If done right this could be a source for some real interesting stuff from our hobby!!!!

Sounds great! Can't wait to subscribe to it.

And, I hope to see an issue devoted to all the great robot and raygun artists in our midst, and the fantastic works they've created for our visual enjoyment.

Speaking of which; thanks for that great mock-up cover shot! ;)

I hope they do not use that cover. The girl looks more like a guy dressed as a girl and robby is way to shinny, they should use a robby that is i the correct robby color for a front cover shot.

I hope they do not use that cover. The girl looks more like a guy dressed as a girl and robby is way to shinny,

John, on closer inspection, I couldn't agree more..... :blink:

That's definitely NOT the cover. Don't worry guys. I've spoken with Ted and his ideas for the first cover are top notch. This was just a joke he sent me way back when, it's from a promo picture from something or other. Seriously -- his SPFX covers are always really neat, and those of this new mag won't be any different.

Have no fear.

Hey...How come "Robots" get second billing?!?

The magazine should be called "ROBOTS & RAYGUNS"!

Either way, it sounds like a fun publication. I'm ready to subscribe!!! Where do I send my check?

Nice going, Pat and Brian. Really looking forward to the articles.

I agree that "Robots and Rayguns" has a nicer ring to it. The project does sound very promising. Congratulations and good luck to all involved, here's to it becoming a successful and long lived venture. :)

There were a number of reasons that the magazine is called "Rayguns and Robots," and not the other way around. Personally, I like seeing the ray guns get top billing for once! ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived