Cleaning A Robot

RotoBadger

Sorry if this has been covered but a search did not give me the answer I needed. What should I use to clean a dusty robot? My new Chief Robotman has some caked on dust and I'm not sure if I should use a damp cloth (might cause rust) or something else. This might be a silly question but I never really thought too much about it until today.

Thanks for the help! :)

I use Novus 1 Plastic Clean and Shine to clean both metal and plastic. Works great. You can also use alcohol diluted with a little water.

:P I use TAMIYA Polishing Compound ! FINE; & also, a lot of saliva. That's no joke !!! It does wonders ! & if I'm too dry, I can always call for help, & presto Spittle King appears !!!

post-75-1152139963.jpg

I use a little windex sprayed on a paper towel and then a little novus 2 or1 if the surface still looks dirty. The windex works really well.

• 11 years later...

Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA), sometimes sold as electrical 'contact cleaner' will tackle the more difficult jobs.

I often totally immerse toys in IPA to give a thorough 'deep clean'. And, with electric motors, if you run the robot while it's in the IPA bath, it'll recondition the motor. (Don't worry about short-circuiting, slot-car racers do this all the time.)

AS ALWAYS: test on a small hidden area before applying. That said, I've never had any problems with IPA, but best to be safe than sorry.

Have fun - Rick

Archived