Display: The Harmful Effects Of UV Rays

Joe K.

Joe,

Not just UV. Watch out for some cleaners also on this old plastic. When I use to own one, I recall using a cleaner on mine. When I applied it, the plastic started to smoke! I stopped that in a hurry.

Joe,

Not just UV. Watch out for some cleaners also on this old plastic. When I use to own one, I recall using a cleaner on mine. When I applied it, the plastic started to smoke! I stopped that in a hurry.

Good point. Over the last few years I've been using baby wipes on my plastics and they seem fine. Its gentle and so far no ill effects.

Daniel

:) Here comes the sun Wa badou ba, Here comes the sun & I say It's allright.......tada dadda

From time to time, the great light in the sky is providing the rare custom robot !!!!

I'll confess I helped a bit with a quick sticker change on the eyes & legs, bless you Photoshop !!!

As for other funny things with old plastics : try to bath them in Wood light; some of them will litterally light up or change color !

& if you want real rythm, try a geiger counter on them old russian ones tac tac tac tactactacTACTACTACTACTACTAC TACTACTACTAC

post-75-1149191815.jpg

9tobot9 you scare me. I have quite a few russian tin and plastic toys. I know some were made in Belarus in the last 15 years. Maybe I better send Winky with his radiation counter over and check them out :unsure:

Mmm... and don't you think the atomic robot man still makes the geiger counter tick a little??

• Brian.. changed the title to Display: The Harmful Effects Of UV Rays
  • Brian.. unlocked this topic

Archived