Gustav Owners Please Come Forward

9tobor9

For no other reason except that I was an idiot at the time they were offered, I never purchased a Gustav Robot from my beloved Uncle Henk.

Count me in PAT - I'am the stupid idiot no.2 :mellow:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) I wonder if one were to be put up for auction now that there will not be any more created, what would be the interest? We have to think that more of the major collectors in the world who have all manner of robot toys in their collections also don't have a Gustav robot. One collector in mind has a 'Boilerplate' maquette, (I want a Boilerplate too, but just too expensive for me, life is so cruel) so I would think that they would want a Gustav too. -Larry 7

Pat, count me in as well as one of the Gustavless members.

I distictly remember an unexpected $400 furnace repair

that prevented me from purchasing one. It was one of those

warm house or cold steel moments... :(

:( The only other person than me owning more than one GUSTAV is RANGER !

& my guys are different from each other; but I might part with one someday ! Kruel dilemma ! I like a lotta stupid idiots . Aaaargglll My mind will blow..........Relaxation time :rolleyes:

Or I could take the unbelievable task of finishing the unfinished GUSTAVs . I have the parts & some of the tools, but I'm lacking the master's hands !

It'll take me a lot of efforts, but I'm sure I'll get to it, someday wwhen I feel a tad better around the stuff !

It's still darn painfull when I'm opening them boxes !!!

:( ...The only other person than me owning more than one GUSTAV is RANGER ! ...

Hey, RANGER, old buddy! Old friend! Old chum o'mine! Can you help a brother out? Care to part with one of those multiple Gustavs I hear you have? Drop me a line if you do! ;)

• 8 years later...

I am thriiled to join the Gustav club after many months of searching......Thanks to my friends in the USA and abroad that made this happen for me......You guys made my year :hail:

Truly an iconic piece .....I can feel Henk's presence in Gustav! Happy New Year! best Mark/nasa

post-38-0-12120200-1420397119_thumb.jpg

A extremely special piece by a most special and dear friend. All Gustav owners should consider themselves quite fortunate to have one!!

A extremely special piece by a most special and dear friend. All Gustav owners should consider themselves quite fortunate to have one!!

I certainly do,one of my all time favourite robots!

• 1 year later...

Just to keep track ...I am the new keeper of Gustav No.11 (b) and quite happy. ( thanks to Ranger).

This year is a special year - now almost ten years ago our dear friend Henk went above the clouds ...

I lost track of many other Gustav samples .... I still have the unnumbered Prototype G with blue eyes and black faceplate - and now the only other existing Gustav with blue eyes (I guess).

image.jpeg

Just a heads up, Gernot, that Henk was "creative" with the numbering. He told me that buyers could have any number that they particularly wanted. If this meant three with  #1 then that was what he would produce. Just one of Henk's delicious quirks. I have to add that he took pleasure in misleading me. For many years he insisted that the H. in H. Gosses stood for Hippopotamus.

He also proposed producing a Certificate of Authenticity for each Certificate of Authenticity.  Priceless.

Congratulations Gernot! I don't know how you talked Ranger out of it though. (Does he still have 2 left?) I love the fact that that this small batch of handmade beauties sparked such mystery over their creation and numbering. That's pure Henk at his best! They are all different, all unique and wonderful. I count myself lucky to have one.

Archived