Gustav Owners Please Come Forward

9tobor9

Hello ! I got from Henk's workbench several Gustav parts including the small certificates, or more exactly the design for them, but printed on plain normal paper, as well as the tags. Henk was an artist, that's very clear to anybody, but he was terrible when it came to filing, & I know for sure there was already two N° 11. I'd like to complete(Finding the right Metallic thick paper) & send the certificates to the owners of the cerfificateless Gustavs(like me for instance, My Gustavs N° 6 & 8 have no certificates), so could you guys make yourselves known? As well as everybody owning a Gustav, so I can put some order in this.

If you do not want to post here, please contact me at 9tobor9 at gmail dot com.

Thanks............Xris

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Christian,

I have number 16. Its complete with tag and card so I am fine.

Don't forget to give me a call eh? And you should listen to your wife now, you know what I mean ;)

Yes Please! A #11 for me. I'm so sorry it's not going to be signed, but it's still great. If it's ever convenient, Christian, I'd love to see pictures of Henk's shop. Let's continue to think about the Henkbot too, if it ever becomes possible, I'd love to see it happen. It was looking like 50 thousand dollars might do a run of Dynamos, or another toy, and though I haven't got it on me at the moment, it doesn't seem like an amount that's out of the question.

Hello Chris and David...I too have Gustav # 11. David is yours stamped G11 Underneath aswell? Both my #11 and my # 23 are stamped underneath, have the certificates and tags. #23 came with a certificate but the info was not written on it, I wrote on that one myself.

Mine only says 11, not G11. The two "ones" are a little crooked. It has no tag either. I don't know, of course it matters very little, but I always admired Henk's robot emblem, and I'd love to have one with the my Gustav. At the moment, it's a welcome distraction from the main issue. Did anybody who talked to him think he sounded a bit like Max Von Sidow. His voice was very elegent. When I spoke to him last year, I thought—this guy should be doing voice overs or something!

Thanks for your reply David. It will be interesting when Chris has all the relevant info about the Gustavs to see what happened exactly re the numbering. Has anyone else got a Gustav with blue eyes like my #11?

David, just a thought....I wonder if Henk was originally going to mark them in Roman Numerals, could yours have been #2 (II) ? Do they look more like I's or 1's? Maybe this was Henks idea to start with but then changed his mind and reverted to 'normal' numbering. I imagine Chris will know for sure. It's just that you said you received one of the first ones, could it have been #2? I suppose someone will post that they own #2 any minute now, well it will answer my question. I can see we will be taking close up photos of our Gustav numbers before long.

Where's the number??? I am not even sure mine has any kind of identification. Anyway I'll check tonight when I am home...

Hello Dux

The number is stamped into the underside of his body. Turn him over and you will see it easily.

I just noticed that my card is white/black, not silver/black as some seem to be... It's also made of very thin, glossy card-stock. Is this the same as others? Did Henk produce multiple versions, depending on whatever materials he might have had on hand? Did anyone else receive their card glued into the box top?

I find it interesting that we're already discussing the various versions of Henk's Gustav JUST the way we pour over the mysteries of our favorite vintage toys -- I think Henk would be amused!

Not to sound morbid or anything at this time...but I'm reminded of one night in a bar in Chicago at Botstock 3 when I found out Robotnut & company were conspiring to kill me in order to make my robots worth more. Robot collectors can be damn ruthless I can tell you! ;)

Archived