Gustav Owners Please Come Forward

9tobor9

Dix for dux...and has some sort of triangle engraved next.

But, inside the box there's a silver and black card that reads: AMPS:00 Kw:00.002.

I am not sure if this came in with the robot or it's the one Joe gave us at Botstock.

The eyes are red and the coil in the top is curved because up to Henk, that was more likable to a girl(?)

Oh I forgot...rectangular antenna.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David, I found these photos

But my favorite Gustav photo is the last one..... It seems more appropriate.

post-27-1148347277.jpg

post-27-1148347309.jpg

post-27-1148347429.jpg

Xris, I am out of town at the moment, but I know that my Gustav (one of the first original batch) was numberless. Henk did send me a silver/ black card, but it was also numberless. (He told me I could fill it in and call it # 1 if i so desired!, lol). I bugged Henk for weeks about the fact that he did not sign my Gustav, so he sent me a new footplate, with the initials H.I.G stamped into it. I promptly mounted it on the robot. So I have a stamped, initialed Gustav, which I consider #1! :D

Yes mine too has a traingle with lines in it sitting in front of the number. I recall Dux that yours was a Botstock II pick-up and hence numberless.

:) I have red eyed Gustav stamped with triangle lines and 05, came with silver/black Gosses Robots serial number heavy paper card, and also (Christian's?) brown paper card from Henk's address on one side and to my address on the other. The robot has the round coin shaped tag with no. 05 tied around his left arm with a blue thread. Rectangular antenna and no belly button tab cover. To quote the box art: "The iron man with the iron heart" -Larry 7

Re-recap

#1 = Robert

#2 =Dany

#3 =

#4 =Pagnott

#5 = Larry7

#6 = Xris

#7 = Steve

#8 = 9T9

#9 =

#10 = Duxastrogirl

#11 = David Kirk

#11c= Ranger (The dangerous garage blue eyed clone)

#12 =

#13 =

#14 =Doc Atomic

#15 =Thunder

#16 =Atomic Guy

#17 =

#18 =

#19 =

#20 =

#21 =

#22 =

#23 =Ranger

#24 =Ranger

#25 =Hap Hazard

9 more to find for 9 tobor9, sounds like a song, kinda rhymes !

Well, we are getting closer. Hope they don't mind me saying but Brian does have one and I think Ozzie does too so that will take it down to seven Gustavs on the run!

Here is a photo of some of Henks Gustav robots. The quality of the photo is not too good but if I zoom in using paint shop pro I'm sure the one on the far right has blue eyes? Could be my #G11. Robert, that is fantastic to have a Gustav with H.I.G on it...#1 aswell !

post-331-1148372759.jpg

O.K Let me enter this interesting theme: "Numbers and Variations of Gustav"

I also have a special version of Gustav, I can send pictures when I get home next week.

I got him as a trade from Henk at a time when all the others he made had (25?) been already distributed and he did not want to make more but he pulled out this one saying it was not a "good" early version.

He has a different facemask (dark, different nose and mouth), which Henk did not think was perfectly well, so he improved it. As far as I can recall he did that Gustav before the "real" series started, so it can be counted as No. "0" "not perfect Prototype" ( or one of the prototypes if there are any more).

In my eyes this version was and still is more than perfect for me especially with the two tone color Mask/body/legs. It stands proudly next to Volkers Alphadrome ST-1 and Henks burgundy version of the Sparky robot on my desk next to my computer in my home.

My Gustav does not have a number (but I have to check soon), but he does have a box and a numberless brown paper tag (which Henk gave me later).

As far as I remember he might be the one with the dark mask and dark legs, you can see in the picture with the row of faceless Gustav, just before they got their masks.

Looking at the 2 pictures with the row of Gustavs again (see above), we can assume that these are the 2nd series No´s. 11 (-2) up to No. 25 , including the blue eyed version at the right.

Most of them seem to have a rectangular antenna and the brown number tags. The picture shows 15 pieces, Henk might have started this series with No. 11. That would explain that he doubled this number.

Did Henk keep also one or more Gustavs or other "early versions" for his own reference Chis or did he gave them all away?

Re-recap

#1 = Robert

#2 =Dany

#3 =Jigebin3000

#4 =Pagnott

#5 = Larry7

#6 = Xris

#7 = Steve

#8 = 9T9

#9 =

#10 = Duxastrogirl

#11 = David Kirk

#11c= Ranger (The dangerous garage blue eyed clone)

#12 =

#13 =

#14 =Doc Atomic

#15 =Thunder

#16 =Atomic Guy

#17 =Ozzie

#18 =

#19 =

#20 =

#21 =

#22 =

#23 =Ranger

#24 =Ranger

#25 =Hap Hazard

Das Gernotsky unglaublich brouillon

7 more to find for 9 tobor9, doesn't rhyme anymore

OMG Yes, still it does

:blink: Grumble !!! Still 7 to find !!!

Viewing HENK's posts is a little strange to me - it is a little bit - like he is still among us ... But maybe he will live here forever - among us - on alphadrome.

Many problems have been discussed months or years before. It would be phantastic, if we could save all those important posts & replies from HENK for ever - like... maybe the H.I. Almanach - any ideas, BRIAN? :rolleyes:

Here is the fantastic picture of all the Gustav parts (first series)

Two versions of the face have neen made:"mounted nose" and "pressed nose"

I guess the first series has the mounted nose, the second probably mounted or the pressed nose - any confirmation on this ?

post-25-1148399824.jpg

:) Paul bought, & paid for GUSTAV 24 before Henk's passing. That one is here & has still to be delivered. {Paul : Mail me, so we arrange a DHL or something on that one}[9tobor9 at gmail dot com] He had had a coming of ages & wanted only to collect GUSTAV robots from then on ! He was dreaming of walls covered by shelves filled with GUSTAVS.

We're so sorry we weren't able to fullfill his wishes !!!

Archived