9tobor9

Hi Christian & Ranger

I have Gustav nr 02 & certificate

underside mark (see pic) no G before the nr

just some line in triangle shape

Henk's comment:

btw: Dany's has the original (?) round looped antenna,

and dark legs,

whereas most have the diamand-shaped antennae.

I can still not make up my mind..

Dany

post-52-1148324806.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my #11, or II. I'll find out later. It was the picture I posted when I was writing a review. Does anybody else have one with the little silver belly button? And here is the review too. It was from around February 16th 2005. I'm so sad we get no more Henk robots...

I wanted to share a picture and some thoughts about my new robot. This photo certainly doesn't do him justice. I'll try again tomorrow. He's a deep shiny warm charcoal color. He has a handmade quality that gives him a spooky charm—as if the cellar coal furnace came to life. The new details are well thought out and fit his personality. His chest has been rounded out to give him a bold, manly look. The new face, though it wears the inscrutable mask of a robot of mystery, also reveals a depth of character rarely seen in mechanical folk. His new ears and headdress are stylish, as is his chromium shirtfront. There are extra rivets on his belt. He has a new backpack and aerial. You can see his arms and hands are new too. I know I'm looking at something that began as Japanese, but in Henk's hands, it's moved considerably towards the Teutonic. I hope this venture proves satisfying and profitable for him, because I'd love to have his next versions too. Congratulations Henk!

post-17-1148327108.jpg

B) Recap : 2, 6, 8, 11, 11 bis,14,16,23,24 are accounted for

Blue eyes, round antennas, two tone, silver certificates,2 different type of noses, belly button, plain white paper ones. Gosharootie trickster !!! It proves once again than a HIG is unique , even when more than one is made !!!!

The 2 11 are certainly an error & one must not exist ! Only when everybody has posted will we know which n° is missing & has become the second eleven.

But where are the other 16 ?????

No silver belly button on mine, David.

I should mention that my Gustav was part of batch #2, for whatever it's worth in establishing the details of what is rapidly becoming as complicated a line of toys as any produced 50 years ago... I'm beginning to think that the convoluted history of the Smoking Spaceman will have nothing on Gustav!

[attachmentid=9731]Here's my 2004 catalog of Robots Gustav's page. I was selling in comic shops in Europe ! Guess what : 0 sold; but I sold about 45 Smokin Spacemen & over a 100 Planet Robot repro; it proves again as it was needed than quality & nice people have not much to do in business.

post-75-1148330884.jpg

Ok - my Gustav is 07. If I recall correctly in order that the first set of Gustav owners didn't feel bad about not receiving a certificate that the 2nd grouping received - Henk whipped up a batch for the first which I think some of which were sent over to be picked up at John Rigg's place at Botstock II. My certificate is therefore not numbered. Am I remembering this correctly??

You're absolutely right, Steve. Henk sent me some certificates to pass out to B-II attendees who were also Gustav owners. If I remember correctly, I distributed all he sent.

Thanks Steve . With yours & Duxa's which number has still to be defined, we're down to 14 missing from the inventory.

Joe, any idea of whom you gave the other certificates???

Interesting, I wonder if there are more variants to be found in the remaining 16! Here are photos of the numbers on my Gustavs..

And #23...

post-331-1148336061.jpg

post-331-1148336282.jpg

Those photos I just posted make the finish look bad but I can assure you it looks very good to the naked eye. :)

So, we need to find another 14 Gustavs, I'm pretty sure that Brian has one.

I have G25 and it came with a silver and black certificate.

Henks passing is very very sad...it really forces you to take stock of your own life. My wife claims you can judge a persons character by the length of their funeral procession. Have you ever wondered how long yours will be.

Rest in piece HG.

Mine is number 4.

He arrived much the same like Dr. A's - matching certificate/card glued into the top of the box, but also has the numbered, coin shaped card attached around his neck with some string.

Hello ! I got from Henk's workbench several Gustav parts including the small certificates, or more exactly the design for them, but printed on plain normal paper, as well as the tags. Henk was an artist, that's very clear to anybody, but he was terrible when it came to filing, & I know for sure there was already two N° 11. I'd like to complete(Finding the right Metallic thick paper) & send the certificates to the owners of the cerfificateless Gustavs(like me for instance, My Gustavs N° 6 & 8 have no certificates), so could you guys make yourselves known? As well as everybody owning a Gustav, so I can put some order in this.

If you do not want to post here, please contact me at 9tobor9 at gmail dot com.

Thanks............Xris

HI XRIS I HAVE NO. 15 WITH THE TAG.

THANKS PERRY

Christian, Do you have access to Henk's old emails? He must have all the people who bought them somewhere, if it matters. Mine is definitely 11, but just 11. No G. No design. somewhere on the site I recall pictures of the first line-up of Gustavs. Could someone figure out where those are? I'd love to pick mine out among them.

Archived