Henks Fantastic Creations

gernot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Henk unveiled his motor robot last year, he and I entered into an email exchange about what other type of robots could be made from this Horikawa Super Giant. He talked about doing a gang of five series on these. One I wanted to build (and have started, but not finished) and Henk liked the concept was a Atomic powered robot. When the chest opens up a lite-up reactor is revealed. Anyway, another one of these giants he was doing that I thought was cool, is this one called Searching robot. See attached.

post-226-1148330525.jpg

Hi Laserman ! Searching Robot is, I believe, a photo shop transformed picture of the motor robot, I do not think it actually ever was made.

As for yours, David, it was at of those stage of tinkering where Henk was putting a head on a body, then changing idea the next day. I have the finished robot somewhere & will be glad to publish his pic as soon as my camera's battery is charged enough ! But it ended very different !!!

Xris,

Was this Searching robot the one he thought of putting a telescope in? Also, did he complete any others in this Giant robot series besides Motor robot? I did not know how far he got with these. I know he was asking for Super Giants to convert.

Now Knowing the pic is a photoshop alteration, does not detract that its a cool robot.

I'm searching my computers for one that was called "Great Lunar Explorer" or somthing similar. It was a Cragstan Great Astronaut modification. I'd still love to see the picture of the first run of Gustav too. I can't find one. I think this last picture posted is from the second batch. I wonder if there are two number elevens because he did eleven the first time, and then forgot and figured he only did ten when he made the next batch of fifteen. If that's the case, there might be 26!

GREAT LUNAR SURVEYOR !

Here is he , along with 2 other headless Astros I gave him after restoring my Green one !!

post-75-1148371224.jpg

post-75-1148371243.jpg

Those are just beautiful and another example of the amazing genuis of our late friend! Just perfect looking! ;)

9totor9

Did you take before photos of the restorations? My clients like to have those. Many people still do not use a digital camera nor can download to a computer. I had communications with H.I. about restoration techniques. I'm now very sorry I did not keep constant contact. :(

:huh: Sorry ! I'm just a dreadfull fixer, I can replace parts if something works & that's about what I did with the Space Conquerors. The hard fixing or restorations were Henk's domain. About 6 were needed to get to those 3; the very horrible(my opinion) or enthusiasticly wonderfull(Henk's opinion) fact is that the insides & the mechanisms which makes it lift is laser-gun-tool & make the antenna turns was entirely different & that no one single piece of the inside could be moved from one to the other. The differences of insides wasn't in tune with the differences of exterior body. The 3 blue I used to fix & get to this trio had all different guts I did not take pics of them while apart ! Should have ! Will do next time !!!

post-75-1148401568.jpg

post-75-1148401583.jpg

let's see if I understand this correctly. You replaced body parts that may have been damaged with good ones or ones that may have only needed minor repair or cleaning. H.I. did not do any paint restoration? he only did internal reconstruction of parts? Sometimes I have difficulty understanding the extent of repairs made when individuals use the term restoration when the entire process is not photographed.It might have been interesting to see the evolution of the same toy over the production cycle. When I do restoration it's not mechanical, only visual. ;)

Absolutely, Steve. The way Henk re-arranged the heads/pieces is nothing short of spectacular. The proportions are much better than the originals by far and a heck of a lot more interesting to look at as they became much more of an art form than they were originally. They seem to have a more serious mission on their minds...... :ph34r:

WOW!

Well...I am trying to close my jaw.

Xristo, the third one has a very femenine face...I cannot nail where he got that head from...

Here is a photoshop comp he sent me, not long ago, of a project he had in mind. The face is stolen from the famous cindirello.

PS: Let me edit the pic...as always the he sent it gigantic

post-202-1148432017.jpg

Archived