Henks Fantastic Creations

gernot

The creations of Henk are a world of their own, so I thought it is time to open a special topic just to show the pieces he did for us. many of us know Gustav, the Dynamo Robot, the Nixi Robot, but there are lots more out there, lets start to show them here.

Someone may add pictures of those unique pieces and boxes which are distributed to collections all over the world. Many of them are just one of a kind creations, some had a little series but still they might be different.

I know that recently Richard Garcia (who attended Botstock III) has got many of Henks pieces. He showed some of them in the Hotel in Chicago as well as lot s of pictures. Richard, if you read this, please show them to us.

I like to start with the Gyro Auto, the Robot in Mercedes with a prop which he did for me some years ago. Once I gave him some leftover parts of a robot in a red mercedes.

Some months later Henk came up with this beautiful version of this toy.

David showed this piece already on a picture but on this it was not yet finished.

Here it is complete . More to follow. (David please add your photos again in the thread please).

post-25-1148142512.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put the others on from a faster computer later today, but here's another for now. It's fun to see the autogyro finished. I didn't even know it was lacking in the first picture.

post-17-1148143394.jpg

Unfortunately I never did get to add a Henk original to my collection (I will always regret this mistake). There are however several robots in my collection that are now functional because Henk was generous with his expertise. In one instance he even sent me a package full of numerous spare parts that I was unable to find locally. He never did let me pay for them. Imagine gathering together all the robots in collections all over the world that are working now because Henk either fixed them himself or gave advice to the owners on how to fix them. I imagine it would be a massive army of toy robots. That's quite a legacy all on it's own.

A number of months ago I was lucky enough to get a look at Richards collection of Henks creations up close.

I was in awe! It was like being in Disney Land.Very Very special.I didnt think I could be impressed by toys that were not pure vintage as I am definitley a purist.BUT Henk broke me I recently told Richard I can;t wait to come back!

Here are some pictures of older creations taken from his website. We dont know how long this will stay on so we should save these pictures for the future.

Another picture of Gustav with its great box art.

One of his earlier robot toy creations is the blue Dynamo Robot inspired by the Masudaya Robot driving the "bubble car". His body is made out of a tea container.

Last of this row is a picture of the same robot David posted already but in his sourroundings of Henks fireplace in his Robot room. THis is one of the first toy robots he ever made, I remember this piece was standing here for at least 10 years. The Neon signs have been also made by him.

post-25-1148176842.jpg

post-25-1148176853.jpg

post-25-1148176863.jpg

post-25-1148176874.jpg

post-25-1148176902.jpg

post-25-1148176930.jpg

post-25-1148176997.jpg

post-25-1148177415.jpg

:) Gernot, I think that at first glance the third robot down looks like he is taking his trousers down and looking back at us and smiling! But upon further study, the view is from the front. -L7

:) Gernot, I think that at first glance the third robot down looks like he is taking his trousers down and looking back at us and smiling! But upon further study, the view is from the front. -L7

Hmm, a "MoonBot" eh? Now THAT would be a unique action for a toy robot, wouldn't it? :D

Nice catch Ranger, you might be the only one who is in the possession of two Gustavs.

Did you recognize that you have two different versions, one has blue the other one has red eyes ! :rolleyes:

Gernot, I did indeed notice the different colour eyes. I did ask Henk via an email how it came about that one had blue eyes and most of the others seem to have red but he never did tell me. Has anyone else got a Gustav with blue eyes?

I love H. I.s Giant Motor HARLEY DAVIDSON robot. All he needs is the motorcycle! :lol:

That is my all-time fave!

Archived