Sh Fighting Robot Problem Question

MetalRobotHead

I have one of these Fighting Robots and the gun is not panning from side to side as it should, just stays central but does light up and makes all the correct sounds etc. Before I open it up to see what the problem is, asking if anybody can let me know if the gears on top of the head and the swinging shoulder antennas will cause any problems as I lift off the top plate. just thinking if it will lift straight off and the gears and antennas will disconnect from whatever moves them on the inside. Thanks in advance. :D

post-214-1147603483.jpg

I have one of these Fighting Robots and the gun is not panning from side to side as it should, just stays central but does light up and makes all the correct sounds etc. Before I open it up to see what the problem is, asking if anybody can let me know if the gears on top of the head and the swinging shoulder antennas will cause any problems as I lift off the top plate. just thinking if it will lift straight off and the gears and antennas will disconnect from whatever moves them on the inside. Thanks in advance. :D

MRH, You are correct...The mechanism which is very simple, will disconnect when you lift the top plate, you won't affect or upset the gears in any way.

MRH, You are correct...The mechanism which is very simple, will disconnect when you lift the top plate, you won't affect or upset the gears in any way.

Ranger, thanks for that I'll get on with it see what is causing the non moving gun, probably something simple. :D

Tin lips I assume you are confirming my thoughts, thanks :unsure:

MRH,

The antennas are connected to the arms, and will stay attached to the

robot when you lift the top off. Also, here are a couple pictures of the

gun mechanism for you to compare with yours..... :)

post-130-1147618326.jpg

post-130-1147618335.jpg

MRH,

The antennas are connected to the arms, and will stay attached to the

robot when you lift the top off. Also, here are a couple pictures of the

gun mechanism for you to compare with yours..... :)

robobob, many thanks for info and photos, much appreciated. I have a good idea what the problem is now. :D

Just for the record and archive in case any other member has the same problem, got it fixed, The connecting bar from the gun to the drive crank had slipped off the crank due to the whole gun assembly detaching itself from the chest. Everthing put back where it should be and tabs tightened. Now works like the trooper it is. Thanks to all. :D

picture of it inside after fixing.

post-214-1147624232.jpg

Archived