Egg! ...and Easter Has Been..

H.I. Gosses

There is an obvious Henk signature feel to this robot. It brings to mind Gustav's bigger brother. Very nice.

He's adorable...I wonder if he's whistling or surprised (and thinking "iuuhooo I killed another cute bird with my laser")

Fantastic Idea henk -

I hope you have a patent for this ;-)

It would be interessting to work with a mirror - so you can rotate the laser ( maybe inside the head )

volker

Great job Henk! And thanks for handing me one more reason as to why I should NOT quit smoking cigars!!! You've even convinced my wife now...Thanks! ;)

:) Beautiful robot Henk! Even without the laser action, the mere image and fit and finish of the robot looks like a knockout! But the laser action through the smoke is awesome! Another of your best creations, I hope that you have built yourself one. It would be sad to have created this lovely fellow and not get to keep one. -L7

Another great bot, Henk. I'm curious if there's a way to make the laser swivel to make a fan pattern in the smoke? Sort of like they do at rock concerts. That would make for some interesting patterns in front of the robot in the dark.

Most certainly. For those that want to go this road.

For a start you could mount the laser deeper inside the robot,

aimed horizontally and have it point at a polished, facetted wheel.

That would give you the popconcert-scanning effect.

Furthermore there are very small gizmo's with two-axis mirrors and a small laser,

They project all sorts of patterns.Some are so small they could be fitted inside a Smoker.

However this is not what I want to do. I was wondering what to do with the smoke,

have it come out of the ears, chest etc. when the Laser option came up.

Principally I wanted to make a different robot on a smokerframe rather than a

selfpropelled laser show. If I had for ex. not taken so much trouble over the tin arms

and the grasping rubber hands,

I could have concentrated more on the performance of the laser.

One thing I would have liked, would have been for the laser and the smoke to come out concentrically

from the mouth. This can be done but then you would have to discard the entire smoker-set up

and though the laser was a nice idea it did not seem worthwhile. I always consider that the robot stands

still 99.99% of the time and as such should be a nice statue, rather than a good show.

Maybe a Giant-conversion will give rise to a lasereyed robot.

If phase pistol will kindly supply the cat this might be a great success.

Never mind all that robot building nonsense, I have just installed a laser in my cat. Seems to be a great weapon against bird flu, cat doesn't have to touch them. :D It's Purr-fect. By the way, no animals were harmed in this conversion. Seriously though, very good work Mr Gosses!

post-331-1145697605.jpg

Henk,

I really like your arm design on this bot. What size of press are you using?

On the rivets, for those interested, I found a nice rivet maker that works well and does an excellent job of spacing the rivets. Its available from Micromark.com. It works on plastics and light metal. It of course is called the riveter. The link is:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?M...roduct&ID=60643

The unnerving side of my workshop is that most of the tools I use can "eat"an entire robot in

a splitsecond. The press I use for riveting could provide enough pressure to fusion-weld the

tin to the punch. The mainstay is to restrain all these brutes.

Millingmachine, lathe and special stages would work, as the micromark thing would, but

surprise, surprise! I mainly do this by eye.

The shape of the arm is made with 16 metric tons in an hydraulic press.

Archived