I'd Like To Order Paper Robots Ora And Gara

Hillbilly Robot

Ora and Gara are two exceptional paper robots, but I have had no success navigating the web site because I don't know Japanese. I e-mailed the company but have never heard back. Perhaps they don't send orders overseas.

Is anyone out there living in Japan who could order these for me? I would be happy to pay you through PayPal or make another arrangement. Thanks.

Another thought . . . have you seen these robots posted on an English language site?

I will help you with the Japanese site after I return on Wednesday from Chicago

Jay

Many thanks, Jay. Have a great time at Botstock.

Hi there Hillbilly. I emailed the seller and asked if he/she would be willing to ship overseas and if they accept credit cards (the website only appears to contemplate payment by bank transfer, so it doesn't look promising...) I emailed in Japanese, so that they would not be scared away. Stay tuned for the action-packed(?) response, which I will post if / when one comes..

Hi there Hillbilly. I emailed the seller and asked if he/she would be willing to ship overseas and if they accept credit cards (the website only appears to contemplate payment by bank transfer, so it doesn't look promising...) I emailed in Japanese, so that they would not be scared away. Stay tuned for the action-packed(?) response, which I will post if / when one comes..

Many thanks, Eastend. We'll see what happens.

Another japanese site that has many of these paper robots and more is here:

http://mizio-s.hp.infoseek.co.jp/home.html

or

http://mizio-s.hp.infoseek.co.jp/r-kata.html

just click on things to find your way around. They are all PDF files. I captured about 25 robots that I like.

I am borrowing graphics from some of these for my garage robots. Also, my uncle, a retired sheet metal worker is teaching me how to use these layouts for patterns to be cut out of sheet metal. I will then print the graphics off as decals and overlay onto the body's and clearcoat. I'm going to use the inards from other repro robots and vehicles for the inner mechanisms. That's the plan.

Archived