Six Foot Tall Artwork Of 1960s Vintage Tin Robot

char1234

This large watercolor of a 1960s tin robot would be a great addition to

the collection of any fan of vintage robots.

The painting is 72" tall and 37" wide, unframed.

I am the artist of this piece and will provide buyer with Artist Statement & Resume.

Asking $325. I'll pay for s&h and postal insurance.

[attachmentid=8824]

post-446-1145141139.jpg

:) Welcome to Alphadrome char1234! Beautiful work! Just lovely! I wish that I had an empty wall space to put it. -Larry 7

Well thank you Larry! I love vintage tin robots and I love to paint. This seemed a logical conclusion!

Thanks again!

Hi there,

I don't, but I am open to being commissioned. If you have a photograph of a robot you want to show me and specific dimensions for a painting, I could quote you a price.

Thanks for your interest!

Very cool Char1234...

I love it, truely one of my favorite Horikawa robots.

I'd buy it in a minute, but I think my wife would make

me live with it in the tool sted... :P

IPB Image

WOW! That is cool! Thanks for posting that picture. It's like looking at a relative I haven't seen for years and had only the portrait of!

:lol:

Thanks!

Welcome Char1234....Great artwork, very impressed. If you make your next one a painting of Robby I bet Robothunter would be tempted to buy it? ;)

With all due respect, I must disagree with all responses.

This illustration lacks the most basic elements which are

composition, and resolution. This bot looks as if we're viewing an open

casket. He is portrayed as if in a fog, and then cut out

with an exacto knife onto a high definition and equal

contrasting starfield. I've been a graphic artist and

art director for many years. I have no beef with char1234,

just this pic. And BRIAN , why not have a section just for

poetry and artwork or ephemera....Silk

Silk

With all due respect to you I have been a graphic artist for a LONG, LONG TIME. I have also painted for many years and as you know a painter's style is his own. It's not like graphic arts or restoration which I have also been doing for 25 years. To criticize another artist's interpretation of a painting without knowing his intentions is a disservice to him and yourself. I look only at his drawing and find no fault with it. You're correct in your observation of the art style but how can one say it''s not done well because we might prefer a more highly realistic approach. For not having a beef with him you certainly ripped him a new -------. Do we also criticize young developing artists because they haven't reached our idea of a level of competence. Also I hope you mean creating a thread for poetry, artwork and ephemera in a positive way. Think about it. :huh: Phil R

Hey there,

I appreciate that there are different opinions about what are the "the most basic elements" of art and design. What makees good design is a never ending debate in every art school.

I have been a photographer and painter for over 20 years, my work has been published, won numerous national awards, and been purchased for both private and corporate collections throughout the US and Europe.

One of the great things about art is that what doesn't appeal to one person may really appeal to another.

I appreciate constructive criticism and I love the kudos. Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

Oh by the way, I'm a she, not a he.

;)

Char1234

Welcome to Alphadrome! I like having female members in this group, expecially artists. That explains your calm demeanor.

no testosterone in the way. Phil R

Every post on this forum is open for debate or critique

good or bad, I don't do personals. Art is my livelyhood

I will comment on anything that I see wether on my

computer screen or real life by nature, it's not about

the person, it's about the work. Welcome aboard

char1234, glad your work is being noted and hope you

generate some commissions. Absolutely nothing wrong

with that, I asked for a section in ROBOT TALK to showcase

artwork since this has a direct connection with ALPHADROME

toy shows. As far as your artwork, I will look forward for more.....Silk

Archived