B9 M3-5 Long Range Explorer

Grandpa

A couple of better pictures, The B9 M3-5 Long Range Explorer is controlled by a 2 channel wireless remote control that controls the 2 gear motors for steering. (It drives like a tank, if you forward one motor and reverse the other motor it will turn on it's own radius). It has a an amplified voice programmable voice module that plays 2 20 second sound clips. It also has a micro processor that controls chest lights and the PWM for extended battery life.

post-242-1144237024.jpg

post-242-1144237050.jpg

Yep. It looked too bare before - now it looks great! The perfect look! What I especially like is that the trim is not just a decal - but has dimension! What did you use?

What I especially like is that the trim is not just a decal - but has dimension! What did you use?

It's an adhesive backed closed cell foam that is sold in craft stores and called "Fun Foam" that I laser cut. It not only adds dimension it actually serves as a protection to the Explorer in the event of running into table legs, etc.

Whoopee! That's the ticket! Very nice, it looks very functional now.

(In a moment of frivolity, I might have added a rucksack-like device, or a trailer,

which contained his lower half, but I know you for a serious person who

would not go for such follies)

:) That looks fun! Great job! Is it fun to play with? I imagine that every one who sees it wants to run it! Irresistable! It also brings to imagination a whole room full of them with different characters all racing around and exploring and bumping, like bumper cars! But I guess that is a boy-ish mindset, 'wanting to bump cars into things!' (I work in an auto body shop) -L7

Thanks everyone, it has been a fun project. I still have to do a write up for how it ties in with the LIS series.....I have buried with jobs that pays the bills (non robot) and time has been short.

larry seven,

It's a blast to play with, the way it turns on a dime is way cool and additive trying to drive it into spaces it shouldn't go :D I did learn one thing though...not to chace grandma with it!

I will be making the molds next week for the Explorer module and plan on offering a very limited edition for anyone interested.

Very cool Grandpa. Although I don't know where that lower half of the robot has gone to? :unsure:

The B9 M3-5 Long Range Explorer should not be confused with the B9 M3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot which has the lower torso that houses the power source and tracked drive unit that was used for base camp duties. The B9 M3-5 Long Range Explorer was designed for Long Range Exploration of life form, plant life, soil and air monitoring. It was decided in the design phase to utilize the advanced features of B9 M3 robots computers, sensors and mechanical arms for the control of the Long Range Explorer Vehicle. Since all of the features needed are located in the upper torso the lower torso unit was not needed. The B9 M3-5 Long Range Explorer also has long range forward looking visible and 2 IR cameras, live 2 way data and video links as well as advanced environmental testing instrumentation. The B9 M3-5 Long Range Explorer wasn't seen in any of the episodes because it was doing it's job of long range exploration. It was scheduled to be featured in the series, but the series was cancelled before the airing........That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P

Pardon me sir, your work is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the Robby one as well!

By the way, just how much would one or both be? Will you sell them as a two pack?

Just curious, I would like to get both when they become available, THANK YOU Grandpa!!! You Rock!!!!!!

Archived