New Eggs And Not Yet Easter..

H.I. Gosses

(As there seems to be a small pause in the deluge of Riggalia, I must quickly grasp my chance

for MY moment in the sun. (-sorry John, keep up the good work) )

The first robot is based on a wreck of the small Horikawa "Mechanical Robot'. It is b/o and powered by

two C-cells. The head is a yes, yes, yes! tea-tin and the window an Artichoke-tin. The rest is fabricated from

polished aluminium or tin.

post-72-1143682967.jpg

It has a red gell behind the eyes with a single bulb. The propellor spins and is driven

by some "Highwheel-robot-gears".

Now that it appears to be a robot that has to be repeated*, I wish I had made some of the parts

from resin, rather than painstakingly fabricate them from tin.

* I meant to keep this one for myself, but it was gone before the paint ceased to stink.

post-72-1143683295.jpg

If I could find a proper base for it, I would love to make a "gustavy"series of this one,

but nothing comes to mind. It must be electric as the light inside the window is magical.

Here is the box: (top)

post-72-1143683483.jpg

H. I. I love the robot . He look like he's from the 30s. I especially like the head. It's extremely retro. Besides,he reminds me of an unsuccessful movie, but cool campy movie hero. I'd love to have one . Phil R.

[As a matter of fact,when I had it finished I was reminded of it too. So much so that I looked up some of the

R. images abd stole part of his airport for the box. The poster was a temptation too, but too much Cassandre

and not enough toy.

Thnx for the compliments

Just great Henk! Love that box art work. Keep them coming. With that boxy body design why not use the Robot 2000/stair strider as a base for a run of them?

With that boxy body design why not use the Robot 2000/star strider as a base for a run of them?

Or dare I say it.....A smoker ????? :D

NICE WORK HENK, I LIKE THEM BOTH VERY MUCH !!!!

Ah, I saw your other one first... but I must say, I like this one even more. Excellent work.

Henk - I agree with the good Doctor here. II like this version even better than the other. Just beautiful!

:) Lovely! Just lovely! Now the new cheap robots that are battery operated are the Schylling remote astronaut, and don't forget the remote Conehead, the start trek named one. Perhaps that one might be a suitable platform. But they aren't cheap, fifteen or twenty dollars, most of the time. What you need is for someone such as PapaSan to remake the Flashy Jim. That frame would be the start of many great garage robots! -L7

Archived