Thomas Toy Space Gun

dratomic

The Thomas Toy space gun pops up on ebay every now and again -- I think I've seen three in good condition this year. Common collors are red and blue, and I've seen the silver one or two other times in the past. The toy always does well, averaging around $120 each. I snagged mine for a whopping $22 (still don't know how...).

It fires a small dart, which I've never seen -- if anyone has any pics, please post 'em!

I knew the gun was small, but until it arrived, I had no idea just how small!

post-124-1142803232.jpg

Hello Dr.A:

Nice catch. I have had my redone for a few years.

I also have never seen the dart.

I think I paid $1 at a local flea market.

It is very small.

post-14-1142804457.jpg

Considering I saw it this afternoon at Toytokyo - new. It does look nice.

:blink: Thanks Steve ..I just told the ebay seller that I did a buy it now on, to take a hike ..they called it VINTAGE LOL ...Think I'll stick to robots thank you :P

Dr A..is this Vintage or new....appointing/anointing you resident space gun expert ;)

Here is a comparison of the vintage Irwin Rocket Ship Space Pistol display (top) and the currently produced generic space gun display (bottom) loosely based on it.

post-143-1143403480.jpg

I love the display box for the Irwin gun. One of my favorites. I can't remember why I didn't bid on it when it was up for grabs in that Morphy (?) auction a year or so ago... probably because I was broke, I suppose...

Good catch, Fin -- the two look a lot alike.

Archived