Now Thats An Attacking Martian!

Ranger

9tobor9

I like the use of the Mars attack head and body. I have all of the Mars attack items from the movie. The figures are incredible.

By the way 9tobor9, did you know that a series ofJohn Carter movies are being made sometime in the near future with the first coming up this year or next. Information at John Carter movie keywords. Phil Redman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ranger

• Andyman

• 9tobor9

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I remember correctly (since this thread's already been hijacked...), Robert Rodriguez was SUPPOSED to direct at least the first John Carter flick. However, he's doing the Sin City sequel instead. I think he was also removed from the project when he resigned from the Director's Guild; he wanted to give Frank Miller co-directing credits on Sin City, which the guild didn't like. So Rodriguez told them to screw off and just resigned. Now, however, it's much harder for him to work within the Hollywood studio environment.

I don't know who the new director of the Carter movies is. Hope they turn out well...

If I remember correctly (since this thread's already been hijacked...), Robert Rodriguez was SUPPOSED to direct at least the first John Carter flick. However, he's doing the Sin City sequel instead. I think he was also removed from the project when he resigned from the Director's Guild; he wanted to give Frank Miller co-directing credits on Sin City, which the guild didn't like. So Rodriguez told them to screw off and just resigned. Now, however, it's much harder for him to work within the Hollywood studio environment.

I don't know who the new director of the Carter movies is. Hope they turn out well...

The guy who did SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW is the new director if I recall. And Harry Knowles, the big guy behind the Ain't it Cool site, is supposed to be a producer. Not sure if I like that idea. Has anyone seen the animation footage of the Thark that Clampett did back in the 30s, I think? It was supposed to be amazing, but was too expensive to produce. I understand it is available as a bonus feature on the Beanie and Cecil DVD set. Hmm, have to look it up on Netflix...

• 11 years later...

This martian attacking robot is a genius of a creation 

it´s so cool i am wanting making one of these and i will do one because i like it so much :wub: it´s brilliant

• 1 year later...

It was just a space walk man head. I removed the eyes, sawed the holes into elongated lengths and put some mesh behind. Looking at it now I should have put a light in the head. 🍻 

26 minutes ago, Ranger said:

It was just a space walk man head. I removed the eyes, sawed the holes into elongated lengths and put some mesh behind. Looking at it now I should have put a light in the head. 🍻 

Um...shouldn’t all robots have lights in their heads? 😜 the elongated eyes look great on that head.

Yes, a light in there would have made all the difference. I won’t be going back to that robot again though. Unfortunately I can’t find the photos if the Robby R1 lit up. It probably needs a run, I will fire it up sometime and film it. 🍻 

• 11 months later...