Now Thats An Attacking Martian!

Ranger

I have been dabbling again. Some of you might think it was a waste of a Mars Attacks Trendmaster Martian but I think it turned out quite well? He still has his flashing brain and speaks...hmmm, well in Martian!

post-331-1142614029.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ranger

• Andyman

• 9tobor9

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to say that the Martian looks bluish in the photos...in reality it is not far off the green colour of the robot......the camera is not capturing the true colour very accurately.

Pretty funny, Ranger! However, I'm not sure if I'm keen on the Martian still having it's arms. Could you have done it with just the head?

At first I agreed with you, Andy. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought it captured the slightly absurdist nature of the technology throughout Tim Burton's film. It's kind of funny to think that the Martians would create a robotic fighting machine and give it arms, but still leave their own arms free to gesticulate wildly in anger at the puny humans who dare defy them!

Nice job Ranger.

Ranger - I think this is an amazing idea for a project. But something just doesn't work for me. I think either the head should be by itself on the robot's body like Andyman said, or if you painted the Martian's space suit the same green & black so it all looked like a single robotic suit then it would come together. In the third photo where the whole toy appears to be black from the dark lighting is where is looks the best to me. As it is now, way my brain keeps seperating the two toys and can't see it as a single toy.

Sorry. I really like this idea and only want to offer positive energy!

:) Ditto for me Ranger, I just saw the movie for my first time last year, loved it, love your idea, love the dark photo. I think that the arms of the martian maybe, in place of the robot arms? Good idea, -Larry 7

Hello

Thanks for your comments, as I said, I am having a problem witht the camera just not capturing the martian colour properly, it is a lot greener in daylight. I did want to try just having the head but typically the dome came free easily on one side of the moulding but glued fast on the other so I had to do it the way I have. I think it is a fair comment to say that they would probably be waving their hands around to gesticulate, I l,like that idea of dratomic. I might paint the martian but it does look ok in normal light to be honest. It's all trial and error ya know.

B)) I'm m agreeing with the Doc, here . Due to the Timburtonism; the character is better with 4 arms; & we're certainly not the first ones to enjoy our martians with 4 arms. Ask John Carter about Tars Tarkas !!! The E.R.Burroughs martians were probably the first extra terrestials I encountered while learning to read ! I was a huge Tarzan fan, but when I discovered John Carter & David Innes Oyouyouyoyyo!!!! The only thing nearly totally absent from that sci-fi/fantasy universe, now that I think of it, were robots. That gap is now filled ! Thanks !!!