Tabs: Opening Tabs

Sonny Young

I have a few robots with open tabs and I would like to close them but the tab washers are missing. Does anyone have a trick for making tab washers? I could never figure this one out. Help is appreciated.

go to a hobby shop you can buy sheets of tin , or use a "pop" tin can . use a orginal "washer" to trace.

then cut out with many different tools, dreme,l heavy dutie shears ect.

paint: first ............ primer then enamel.

java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_4')

:D

dont cut your hands off!!!

good luck.

:) If one were to make the tools to make their own tab washers, it might be something like this: First get a sheet of tin, an Altoids mint box works. Next, punch the hole using a small screwdriver that you have sharpened to the right width and thickness. Place the tin down flat onto a piece of hard wood and punch a few holes. Then you cut out the oval shape around the hole with snips or you can even use a 1/4 inch drive socket that you can file or grind the end into a sharp cutter shape that will cut the oval shape when you hammer it onto the tin. Place the tin onto a hard metal suface for striking the socket to cut out the washer. -Make me one of each of these tools too! -L7

The cheapest way to join 2 tabs together is to take a staple and bend it around the tabs. When you fold the tabs over, you don't see much of the staple and it does not look bad.

Thanks, guys, lots of great advice, and thanks for the offer Neatstuff.

I don't spend lots of time fixing robots these days but those open tabs bother the heck out of me when I see them. Time pull out the atomic toolbox!

• Brian.. changed the title to Tabs: Opening Tabs

Archived