Papasan Robots

roboz

Toywheezer - Sorry you are getting crap emails from members who think you are involved with RJ's offer, why they should think that I haven't a clue? From a marketing standpoint this promotion has become a disaster - surely you would obtain all supplies first even if it took months to compensate for production or cashflow problems. No members would have known about his forthcoming generosity, they would have been sent out together, or perhaps outside of America first so we all received within a certain time frame. This isn't rocket science just common sense.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much of a marketing disaster this situation has become. I've only ever bought one robot from Papasan, but I was pleased not only with the robot but with the service. I'd happily do business with him again based on that experience. Admittedly, I'm not a major player of any kind.

i heard toyweez really was RJ !! just kidding !! just kidding .. now you will probably get even more emails cuz people will get so crazed that they only read the first sentence .

people ........... calm down. my god its as if the free bot is an original machine man!!!!

lets just see what happens .

of course it would help if R.J. would post ........ it would stop this whole thread and save us our few remaining brain cells to fight over the next freebie ......

which i heard was coming from HENK!!! ---- henk doesnt have to worry about recieving a billion emails cuz this web service SUCKS!!

Wow, a free robot from Henk! Hey everybody, somebody said that we're getting a free robot from Henk! Alright! Yeah! Maybe a maroon and chrome Gustav with Alphadrome sign on the leg. That would be nice. Hey thanks a lot Henk, you are alright. -Larry 7 ;)

Toywheezer, I swore off checks and money orders last year. I will not bid if the seller does not accept credit cards (or PAYPAL). That is unless, I REALLY REALLY want the item! I like the added protection of a credit card.

By the way-- dromers who received free robots-- DON'T FEEL GUILTY. More power to you!

So I heard Henk is giving all Alphadromers a FREE robot. Anybody get one yet? I haven't even got an email asking for my address yet! He should post more often to let us know where our free robots are.

:P

lets start a thread of who gets a robot from henk!!java script:java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_4')

:D

i ahvent gotten mine yet !!!!!!

Well I had pretty much written off the Alphadrome robot so when I picked up the package that came in the mail today I was expecting it to be one of the ebay wins I have coming. To my surprise the return address read Comet Toys!! "Well I'll be damned!" I said. As I was opening the package the reality of this gesture started to hit me. Here is a person whom I've never met, nor have I ever bought anything from him, and he sends me a very nice robot for free!!! It kind of blows my mind! Anyway, mine has arrived so THANK YOU Robert Johnson, your generosity is tripping me out! Anyone else receive one in the last week or so?

post-143-1140587110.jpg

Well I had pretty much written off the Alphadrome robot so when I picked up the package that came in the mail today I was expecting it to be one of the ebay wins I have coming. To my surprise the return address read Comet Toys!! "Well I'll be damned!" I said. As I was opening the package the reality of this gesture started to hit me. Here is a person whom I've never met, nor have I ever bought anything from him, and he sends me a very nice robot for free!!! It kind of blows my mind! Anyway, mine has arrived so THANK YOU Robert Johnson, your generosity is tripping me out! Anyone else receive one in the last week or so?

Congratulations on your new robot. I'm glad to see some people are still receiving them. As an update, I did write an email to Mr. Johnson after my last rant here (at the sugestion of many of you!) to let him know that I would apreciate him posting on the board officially what the status of the "who gets what" list was and that I was tired of getting so many emails from people who thought I was part of the process because I had started a thread to keep track of deliveries.

I have not received a reply nor a robot. I wasn't expecting either to tell you the truth.

Congrats Fin! I turned my robot down and now I am having second thoughts, maybe i should have confirmed my address with RJ. After all, i have purchased a couple of robots from him over the past few years......Nawww! I've been too critical to accept one gracefully. But if he offered one for sale i might go for it..

Congrats Fin! I turned my robot down and now I am having second thoughts, maybe i should have confirmed my address with RJ. After all, i have purchased a couple of robots from him over the past few years......Nawww! I've been too critical to accept one gracefully. But if he offered one for sale i might go for it..

Robert - I had actually emailed Robert Johnson asking if he was going to offer the robots for sale to any member wanting to make "bookends" as it were. I had just gotten the robot and wanted the astronaut to make a set at the time. Truth be told, I liked the astronaut much better. Anyway, he said that none of them were for retail sale.

The trouble with the Papasan shipments has been traced to a specific loading dock in New Jersey. Security cameras there captured this late-night robot heist by none other than Jon Bon Jovi.

;)

post-5-1140641191.jpg

Archived