Papasan Robots

roboz

Maybe Brian will delete this

(but please don't this is a fair post).

Perhaps members that received one will flame me on this, that's fine, however,

I don't have a problem not getting a freebie much less did I expect or quite frankly want one.

My issue is with the Papasan web site stating that alphadrome members received one. Obviously they picked & chose who they sent it to (or will send it to) as is their perogative, so state it correctly some members we decided to offer a free robot to . Period. Not posting this to start any BS since it's been fairly peaceful here but don't use the a small portion of the alpha membership here to come off as some altruistic benevolent business.

For the record. The way Strauss Toys used input from members to design a special edition for us or Osaka had an ebay logo litho'd on robby for a special auction is fine by me.

For accuracy's sake those that did not receive any robot feel free to post here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ozzie.....I didnt expect one either nor did i receive one....Nasa

Thanks for helping set the record straight nasa man ;)

I'm not going to flame anyone . If you want to self promote

be prepared to back it. Many members that know me also know

I've given for no reason other than to give.

Well I have 2 + feet of white stuff to worry about & not the kind

Al Pacino was importing from Sosa before their falling out :P

post-18-1139797120.jpg

I didn't receive one or email asking for an address either. While I could have pursued the issue by emailing someone about it, I felt guilty and so didn't. I'm not one of the big collectors so didn't really feel I deserved one.

I didn't receive one or email asking for an address either. While I could have pursued the issue by emailing someone about it, I felt guilty and so didn't. I'm not one of the big collectors so didn't really feel I deserved one.

I think I got an e-mail from them in my junk folder. Never got around to reading it before I emptied it, and that was that. I didn't feel I was deserving of one either -- and really would have hated to get one when a bigger robot fan might have missed out.

Well I expected a free robot, simply because I was told I was going to be given one.

I agree with Roboz' point about the use of the Alphadrome name on the Papasan website. Should something be done about this? Maybe's contacting thenm and suggesting they at least change the content?

I replied to Mr Johnson giving my details soon after receiving his email. I jokingly said back in November that it might be shipped in a ship and could arrive in March. I did however expect one to arrive eventually, seeing as other members were receiving theirs. Having heard that other USA members have not received one I now believe I won't be getting one. Something of a disappointment, but it would be wrong to be too critical of Mr Johnson as he was under no legal obligation to supply me with one, just a moral one one as I was told I would receive one. I will keep waiting just in case its still in a slow boat from the USA to the UK. :(

The real way to do this right was to have Johnson run an add under the AD section of Alphdrome,stating that members will recive a free robot if they log in at his website under a secured method. Also he would have a time schedule when collectors would receive their free robot.

Also if you enjoy the Papasan robots you can call or email Robert directly and ask where's your free robot !

I have not received the free Alphadrome robot either so do not feel to bad if you have not. I have almost every robot that papasan has made so I don't think it has anything to do with how many of there robots you have bought other wise I should have been the first 5 or so persons to get a robot. I will keep waiting as well.

I repeat to the best of my knowledge no Robots have been received in the UK (THE HOME OF ALPHADROME). I supplied my address just like MRN and didn't receive a courtesy of reply. With respect this is a tax deductable marketing exercise , nothing more nothing less - there is no altruism here boys and gals just business. I never expected anything FOC just a level playing field, ie not a selective distribution in America!

I think that Mr. Johnson is asking for a donation before he sends a robot. I think $10.00 or $20.00 and you will receive a box top and a robot. I do beleive that it is stated on his web site. Check and double check his website. As soon as I sent my money (donation), I received the box top and the robot a week later, Festival

Festival -I think that is a coincidence. The donation is purely for the box tops to help out the greyhound fund. I do not know of any member that received a robot having to send a donation.

Hi Festival - double checked this more than once - it isn't a condition of this promotion to buy a box - just a marketing feeler suggestion to support his chosen charity and perhaps offset his negative cash flow in the short term.

Archived