My Collection

Phil R

I've finally gotten around to presenting my collection, at least the ones in cases. The rest are packed away in boxes. I would like to thin my other collections in order to display all the robots, rockets, space stuff. The collection includes my older Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon items.

I apologiize for the clutter. Perhaps you can use the enlarger option to see more detail. Scifiman -Phil Redman

I've been a sci-fi fan since a kid and getting Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers big little books from my neighbor. Loved the old hokey monster and cold war movies. I read sci-fi novels and science in general, my favorite are the Dune series, and I've been collectig since about 1980. I think my favorite robot is Electric Robot and son because of the design and my favorite non robot is Lunar Module batt op with the bump-and-go and the seagull sound. I'm also including a photo of my silver Christmas with the glass space and robot ornaments. Phil

Nice collection there Phil! I remember seeing most of those pieces in your album at botstock I, it's nice to see them in their "natural habitat". You know what I'd really like to see? Some pictures of the box restoration process that we were discussing - or is that all secret stuff? ;)

Fineas J. Whoopie said:

Nice collection there Phil! I remember seeing most of those pieces in your album at botstock I, it's nice to see them in their "natural habitat". You know what I'd really like to see? Some pictures of the box restoration process that we were discussing - or is that all secret stuff? 😉

That's a wonderful collection there! Especially when ROBBYS are included!

I especially love that 'natural' Xmas tree! Those were a hoot in the 1960's but I always liked the warning on the box: "FLAMMABLE". Great thing to put electric lights on, eh??

post-298-1139701649.jpg

I don't have any actual boxes in my computer photos right now but I'll show you a few paper and other items iI've restored. Also a diorama of some of my Buck Rogers pieces. Phil

Phil - You've got some nice stuff tucked in there, including my favorite space toy of all time...

the Space Scout S-17!

That bad boy deserves to be more in the spotlight. Nice collection!

Lots of cool stuff Phil...

I had fun going through the pictures to find the hidden treasures.

I also remember talking to you about your collection at Botstock.

I see you suffer from my affliction, so many toys, so little space... B)

Nice lot of stuff in there Phil, a bit like looking through a treasure trove box.

I was never convinced that the top hat nose cone protector on my Solar X was an original fitting but now I've seen yours the mystery is over.

For anyone who is interested. I tried sendng a scan of my largest restoration job. This system would not accept it. . For those who may be interested in this and other restoration my e-mail is redmanrestores@suscom.net. Also I'm including a diorama using the original Buck Rogers rocket model that was made for Dick Calkins the artist that I did some restoration for, and was sold in a national mail auction recently. Phil

post-221-1139780183.jpgplanters3.jpg

Very nice restoration work! Very impressive.

I was looking yet again at your collection and see the Buck Rogers and the Martian Revell kit in the background. I picked that up at a record show back in 1976 for $10 and thought it was robbery; the other original Aurora kits were $15 - $25 and I thought that was insane!!

Sadly that kit was converted many years ago and trashed, I have only his helmet left on "The Man from Planet X" which I built using the Monster Scenes Frankenstein monster and Dr. Deadly's arms with the Buck helmet. I did this in 1977.

post-298-1139788058.jpg

Archived