Polish: Novus Ii Plastic Polish - Wow!

plan3b

Last night I again used Novus 1 & 2 - this time on the clear plastic face of my restored ALPS TELEVSION SPACEMAN as well as another saucer dome - with more of the same great results. They look like new! I might be losing my mind, but in some ways I think they are now looking nicer than some of my newer repro's domes (i.e. Mr. Atomic, Mechanized ...)! This brings me to my next question - directed at those more experienced with this product. I have no scratches on the new stuff so there is no reason to use Novus 2, but, should I use the Novus 1 on the new robots' clear plastic domes? Will it polish them up and improve their look?

Novus 1 might add some clearity to even a new dome as new domes are not perfect, the molds they are made from are not perfect and the novus 1 will fill the microscopic pits and scratches that even a new dome has and this will make it look clearer.

Be careful with #3 (deep scratches). The white stuff gets into the smallest spaces and is really difficult to remove. I'm sure some of you have been through it.

Sonny,

I have found that you can use Naptha (lighter fluid) to wash it out of hard to reach places. We have used Naptha for years in the engraving and awards business to clean the engraved plaques and remove finger prints. It doesn't remove paint or fog plastic and does a great job for removing adhesive residue.

• Brian.. changed the title to Polish: Novus Ii Plastic Polish - Wow!

Archived