Polish: Novus Ii Plastic Polish - Wow!

plan3b

Holy smoke! Picking up on this fantastic product from another thread, I am totally amazed by it's results. I know, it is old news to all of you - but, I was so impressed with the results I had to proudly post some pics. This dome on my vintage saucer was so fogged up and filled with small scratches I had been considering buying a new replacement for it. In fact, the pictures do not A) show how really bad the dome was to begin with, & B) show how well it ended up turning out. I used the Novus 2 and the Novus 1 for these results: (first before)

post-2-1137649336.jpg

Heh Heh, I told ya! :) The Novus II will work really well on nickle plating and the orange paint on that saucer also. It will remove all of the small scratches that don't go all the way through the paint and you can buff it to a nice sheen if you like.

Caution: Do not use Novus II on chromed plastic! It has some kind of chemical reaction with the chrome and removes it instantly!

Even though they seem to be getting harder and harder to find, we do still have a few hobby stores around town. First one I called had it! Otherwise, I would have got it online...

All shops that sell plexiglass and plastics have it or can order it. I have used the stuff for over 10 years. I have even polished large robby domes that got scratched with it to clean them up. These days I use it on my glasses, I scratch the crap out of my glasses woring in the shop and get paint over spray on them so I just take a old rage and drop of the Novus polish and clean them right up. I have never used it on a painted surface just clear plastic .

I had used it to clean some lithoed or painted tin parts too BUT VERY CAREFULLY.

It's better to try it in a small spot first. I only apply a very small quantity and not directly into the tin but in a piece of cloth ( an old sock could do) and rub softly. It cleans obvious dirt and makes the tin shiny but doesn't fix scratches (and I wouldn't even try to do that).

I had originally cleaned the painted finish on my Flash Gordon Signal Ray gun using the finest of the fine steel wool. It worked, but left the toy looking sort of hazy. I then took some Novus to it and now the thing shines like nobody's business. Definitely one of the most valuable tools in a toy collector's box.

You are right D-girl. I would never use Novus to try and polish out scratches in litho! But, as doc said, it does work well on painted surfaces with fine scratches, almost like a car wax.

Thanks to Grandpa for introducing me to this stuff!

Archived