Russian Robot - Manufacturer/when?

gabrielle

One of your pages has info on Russian robots, however no manufacturer. I have a similar robot with box. Transalating just the cyrillic to english - it shows zovod igrotechnica - is this the manufacturer? Under "Article" (translating again) is 107-skva-014-88 Oct 17-296-75. Also seems to show a "Leningrad" address. Robot is orange with chest shown as clockwork-type - when wound, it walks forward, arms moving, with 4 orange and yellow (clockwork) plates on chest that rotate--changes color. If orange, rotates to yellow and so forth. At the bottom, center of the clockwork litho, there appears to be a logo of the company - as that logo is also on the box. Anyone have any specific info on manufacturer name and location, and date of production? This pix may be from your site. My pix are too large to upload. Thank you.

post-2-1131919288.jpg

:) Welcome to Alphadrome Robot Talk Gabrielle, as was stated above, most of us just buy these Russian robots, but don't know a lot about them. I do know that these robots in some of the other colors are bringing good money on Ebay, for example, a pair recently, one green, and one orange, I think, went for several hundred dollars. -Larry 7

I can sell you all you want in red or gray for $17 ea, plus shipping. :)

Incidently, yours appears to be the no antenna version, whereas mine have a small coil spring type antenna.

On this site there is an article concerning Russian robots.

Some versions i.e. different litho on the chestplate, and some

colours are quite rare. It takes quite an extensive study of the subject

to know which is which.

Per definition it is easiest to find the most frequently appearing models (sic!),

so do not live in hope of having found a great treasure.

On the otherhand they are quite nice.

A Mr. Richard Johnson (Where ever did HE go?),

used to sell them in great quantities, which seems to imply that Russian boys

are never "good boys" deserving a nice toy*.

*History seems to bear that out.

post-2-1131923150.jpg

Here is the eBay picture of the two Russian robots recently sold for

$222.-,-together.

They are both very rare. The green is hardly ever seen, and the gray is a

pinkish grey that is also rare.

post-2-1131923605.jpg

Henk - I'm Russian - I'm I not worthy of an occasional nice toy??!!!!!

Gabrielle - welcome to the board. I'll try to dig out a name in my contact list of a collector (whom I do not believe is a member of this board) who specialized in these toys.

Obviously you are the one good boy, who proves the rule. Hence you have a

lot of nice toys.

I experienced Budapest 1956, something not easy to forget.

I think they are still in production. They used to say C.C.C.P. on the box with no warning lable.

Now they have a warning lable (in English) and no mention of the Soviet Union.

They are probably now being made for Export.

I wish the other colors were available.

post-2-1131932066.jpg

• 8 years later...

I figured I would add my small Pogot collection to this thread. I'm looking to expand it, but all they ever have at auction is the red ones. I have two of those...one with antenna and one without.

post-125-0-56552800-1412668609_thumb.jpg

From what I know, any color other than red is considered rare. I don't know to what degree certain colors are considered rare, but the red ones are everywhere. THe first one I got was blue and everybody here kept telling me how rare it was, so I am on the look out for anything other than red and the pic above shows the ones I have so far.

The first one I bought was gray and the second one was red. This was in the early 90s. I almost got a yellow back then but right as I went to

Pick it up at a stand, someone grabbed it up and asked how much it was ! ! ! ($10.00). I missed it by this much.

I think the gray is the most common color.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived