• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H.I. Gosses

• robothut

• dratomic

• Russell

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one very very nice robot. Its the Audrey Hepburn of customized robots - in regard to its sophistication. I would absolutly love one of these; reminds me of a swiss watch...........

Guest neatstuff

RETRO is really big right now. Gosses remarkable time piece robot does not only appeal to us robot heads but this thing would appeal to the masses! I'd give my left kiwi to have one for my book shelf here in my office! H.I. if I were you.......RUN WITH IT, Produce them, bring them to us.....I can't stop looking at this thing. It's like a Ferrari Enzo, I just can't take my eyes off it. This is "true" retro robot art......

Bill.

Uh oh, Paul. Guess you better hope you do REAL well at the auction if you're going to try to convince Henk to make another of these guys. ;)

Henk's Dutch miniatures have been replaced by some good old Anglo Saxon size pictures of his LOVELY robot. Here are a couple of extra shots.

gala_email_effecten.JPGpost-2-1131125527.jpg

These pictures of the rotating antennas makes me think, that with the proper gearing, you just might be able to get this thing to lift off the ground a bit. But then, you'd have to add "Hovering Action" to the box lid description, wouldn't you, Henk.

A truly spectacular feat of design and implementation, my friend.

Of course, we've all come to expect nothing less from you, Mr. Gosses!

Well done.

First of all, a great thank you to Brian for replacing the "Dutch Miniatures". A vast improvement,

and thanks to you all for your words of praise.

It is nice to bask in a ray of sunshine after such a long time in the electronically induced gloom.

I must thank also my friend Erik, who spend the last weeks chasing the electronic bugs.

Bill, everybody happily goes into a streetcar, 40 000 Volts and Lots of amps! The Nixies need 190V dc

but they can be feed with 12 volt dc, as some commercial clocks do in order to bypass regulations.

(The higher tension is later on, -inside the contraption.)

Brian (2) No "in progress"pictures, as most of the time there was no progress. Interior is not so exciting.

Only thing is every tube needs 11 wires. (x 6) +the led and the lights, the relay and the motor>>>

pan full of Spaghetti!

Toyboy: It is for sale, or rather it is a commission so it is sold.

Now that I have solved all the problems,

I might consider to make a few more to get some mileage out of all the effort.

The large Nixie tubes are getting very hard to find and are consequently very expensive.

The modules need elaborate modifications and the Radical Robots do not come for free either,

so I wonder how many would still want to have one if they knew the price.

This is a "One-off"with all the inherent problems. Maybe when the repro's are there, and I'ld make, say,

six at a time, they would be somewhat more affordable...

Robotnut:Rest assured, it was not your suggestion that drove me to this project. It was already commissioned

when the subject came up. btw What did you do with that voltmeter?!. (!!!!!)

klotzm1: Nothing is better than Terry Gilliam's Brasil!

The inside of this thing is like a miniature version of the famous "Plumbers scene".

Paul: After the auction you will really know what time it is.

Zoek de plastics bij elkaar voor Christian, en ik zal zien wat ik kan doen.

Succes en sterkte op de zeventiende!

Duxa: Encantado.

So tell us all why the box shows "58" in the chest display? Did you make a 60 hour clock instead of a 12 or 24 hour clock or is this a count down clock?