Battery contacts: New Robots Have Improved Battery Contact

robothut

I just added 4 new robots from Robert Johnsons Papa San line up of smoker mods and I wanted to point out that they have fixed the problem with the lower battery connection that the smoker repros have. They have made the large circular contact for the negative side of the battery much smaller so it now makes good contact with all D cell batterys. They have added a bend to the upper contact as well so that slideing in and out the battery is easyer. Here is a picture of the 1 year anniversary Patrol robot with blue dome battery box.

post-2-1130962060.jpg

And lastly Roboter is painted in a translucent red much like the candy apple red robot mods I have done. The eyes and hands light up and there is only one thing that I would have changed. The Box says Blows smoke from ears when Angry. Since there is no smoker in this robot I guess it never gets angry. The great box art shows the smoke from ears as well. I understand why it does not smoke from the ears as I have done so many smoker mods this would not be a simple thing to do and it would have increased the cost of the robot to add the effect.

All in all I like the 4 mods and the box art work .

post-2-1130962962.jpg

Yes. I guess in keeping with robot box art work from the 1950's , 1960s and 1970s especially, the box art work does not really reflect what the robot toy looks or works like in all cases. ;)

For the Robot Exhibit, Jay sent me one of Papasan's Patrol Robots

and I was quite surprised by the quality. The fit and finish is much

better than the other repro smokers and it runs incredible smooth... :)

post-2-1130968301.jpg

:) Sweet! I like these robots, and I like the box art. Robothut, speaking of chrome, did you pick up the new chrome windup repro planet Robot and the chrome repro Hi Wheel, and the bright metal version of the Atomic Robot Man? Last weekend, I got all three, it was like chrome robot weekend for me. -L7

they are being creative with old robots....... but i wish someone would create an all new robot that has a vintage look w/ thier own style. <_<

thanks hut for the update

I like Sinister Creep the best, probably because of the head. My question is why is there such a price difference between Mercury Man, Sinister Creep vs. Roboter? Roboter, other than the head does not seem all that different from the others.

:) Sweet! I like these robots, and I like the box art. Robothut, speaking of chrome, did you pick up the new chrome windup repro planet Robot and the chrome repro Hi Wheel, and the bright metal version of the Atomic Robot Man? Last weekend, I got all three, it was like chrome robot weekend for me. -L7

I have the chrome Planet robot and chrome high wheel repro but have not seen the chrome atomic robot man, where do I get one?

I got a plain tin one back when they were first released. No chrome involved though. I recall they did both plain tin and chrome dogs, but I only saw this guy in plain tin.

they are being creative with old robots....... but i wish someone would create an all new robot that has a vintage look w/ thier own style. <_<

Bart, it starts with a "G" and it ends on "-ustav". (maybe?)

Archived