X-71 Tulip Conversion

H.I. Gosses

It has arms from the might robot and decals on the front.

It was totally sandblasted with the exception of the head.

The mechanism and most of the body isn't what the makers sent out.

It had totally rusted away, so it had a new batterybox frame new sides to the body

and a new toplight that began life as a screwdriver. (very good source for clear, coloured plastic)

I had wanted to enjoy the fruits of my labour a little while,

but it has gone already.

On the sad and empty place where it stood, I found some pieces of paper with figures

on them though. (..)

post-2-1124750713.jpg

damn!!!! nice job looks mint!!!

why didnt you cast original arms?

what did the inside head look like?

how is your tractor collection coming?

:D

Very nice, HenK! B) Colours are impeccable as always. And the workmanship...what can I say!!

Did you add one of ROBOTNUT'S laugh chips?

Real nice, Henk. I'm a big fan of the X-70, but never loved the arms; yours are a distinct improvement. (Great coloring, too.)

So what does it do, exactly? Walk with light up head light... anything else? Does the head open at all, or did that mechanism fall by the way-side?

Regardless, I like it a lot.

VERY stylish and tasteful modification Henk!

The colors compliment beautifully. The arm design works, especially since you have kept the original "ass pinching" hand design.

Fantastic job Henk! - You actually managed to IMPROVE the look of one of my favorite robots.

The colors are wet, minty and right on!...And the decal work is excellent!

It's kinda scary what you were able to do.

Any Before/After photos?

What about a nice closeup pict of his chest?...

Henk - Awesome looking robot! I especially like the arms which I think are a great improvement over the original look. I think what I like the best is the huge shoulder bolts. Reminds me of the arms on the tall Yonezawa Jupiter robot.

Nicely done! ;)

great improvements...colorwise, arms and all. I am guessing it has matching panties (cause up to Bart a tulip is not a tulip if...)

He now has a far stronger more masculine look with your enhancements Henk (despite the matching panties!!!). Really impressive to say the least!!!!

Archived